Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Unsportsmen like behaviour

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    TN.
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I have no respect for cheaters nor thieves. Both are low life individuals who serve no place in our sport. They are loses in every aspect. Can't begin to understand how proud they must be if they win and how proud their children must be of them.
    Well said Mike

    Dan Honert

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,144

    Thieves and Cheaters

    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I have no respect for cheaters nor thieves. Both are low life individuals who serve no place in our sport. They are loses in every aspect. Can't begin to understand how proud they must be if they win and how proud their children must be of them.


    Remember the above quote when you get the urge to ,cheat,and steal from your favorite Sport.



    Glenn

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    Remember the above quote when you get the urge to ,cheat,and steal....
    That quote causes some humbling reflection on my part. I don't want to recall the number of times I've taken something that wasn't mine, or "fudged the facts" to get what I wanted.

    "Regrets, I've had a few...."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    That quote causes some humbling reflection on my part. I don't want to recall the number of times I've taken something that wasn't mine, or "fudged the facts" to get what I wanted.

    "Regrets, I've had a few...."


    The courage to confess, is good for the soul.



    Glenn

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    Remember the above quote when you get the urge to ,cheat,and steal from your favorite Sport.



    Glenn
    I'm far from perfect, but I have NEVER felt that urge that you speak of and very seriously doubt that I ever will!! Maybe others feel it but I don't. I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. Every shot makes somebody happy, and I'm even guilty of wishing for someone to screw up....but I have never fired on someone else's target to gain advantage and not at all that I'm aware of, period.

    Cross fires are virtually impossible to occur without knowing you were guilty. You either man up and own it as a mistake or go home and never, ever come back. That's my position and I simply don't see any gray area here. You either do it and realize it right after...or you do it and realize it happened when you push the gun back or when someone says they are being cross fired on.

    I can understand anyone mistakenly lining up on the wrong target, even though you should always check your competitor number. What I don't understand is how you can continue to do it while the guy next to you is waving and screaming that someone is shooting his target, without checking your target, right then. At that point, I can't see how you wouldn't know what happened and own it. This is when you either own it as your mistake or sell out and quit playing this sport, hopefully.

    I'm open to hearing what everyone else has to say on this as I may be overlooking something....but it seems black and white.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I'm far from perfect, but I have NEVER felt that urge that you speak of and very seriously doubt that I ever will!! Maybe others feel it but I don't. I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. .


    Mike,it appears you might have missed my point. I am in total agreement with your point/Quote. My comment was not directed at you. Many of us have been victims of thievery and cheating or knows someone who has. Your quote is a valid reminder, that should be given some thought by all competitors. Hope I make myself clear.



    Glenn

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    Mike,it appears you might have missed my point. I am in total agreement with your point/Quote. My comment was not directed at you. Many of us have been victims of thievery and cheating or knows someone who has. Your quote is a valid reminder, that should be given some thought by all competitors. Hope I make myself clear.



    Glenn
    Thanks Glenn. All is well

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    S.E. MI
    Posts
    2,084
    I sat next to a person at the Super Shoot. Sorta famous in certain parts of the country.
    On the last target(of the week), he started screaming "SOMEONE IS CROSS FIRING ON MY TARGET!"
    I was almost finished with my group. When I finished, my group. I swung my firearm to look at his target.
    He was late to the line. And only had a 2 shots on his sighter. Since, he only fired 2 shots...I guessed they were his.....
    Is that some Psycho warfare? cheating? or did he start celebrating early???? Eh!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    796
    If you are shooting off of bench 25 and you are shooting on target frame number 25 it is the responsibility of the target crew to make sure the correct target is there, just in case you can't see your competitor numbers. I believe that is in the rule book, but I could be wrong. And do not tell me that you can always see you competitor number because I will use the OLD HOLTON, before Nancy and Bob got it, as an example.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,020
    The NBRSA Rules say a shooter is responsible for his Relay, his Bench, and Correct Target. That is Section 4.3.

    I think it used to say "target frame". Apparently, under the current rules, a shooter is responsible to insure that the correct target is in his frame.

    Heck, last year, after going about 15 years without doing it, I crossfired in two big Matches. It cost me dearly.

    I chalked it up to old age
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 06-28-2018 at 08:20 AM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    The NBRSA Rules say a shooter is responsible for his Relay, his Bench, and Correct Target. That is Section 4.3.

    I think it used to say "target frame". Apparently, under the current rules, a shooter is responsible to insure that the correct target is in his frame.

    Heck, last year, after going about 15 years without doing it, I crossfired in two big Matches. It cost me dearly.

    I chalked it up to old age
    Heck, I am not as old as you, (snigger), and if the new rules say that, so be it. But in the OLD way, there was a saying. there were two kinds of shooters, those that have cross fired and those that will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •