Thread: Help scoring A-36 Targets

Help scoring A-36 Targets

I would like to talk to someone knowledgeable on the scoring of an A-36 Target
    Thanks

Target

Whats a a36 target?

Targets

Hi WK

The sighters in the middle of the target look as though they have values for the associated rings. If values are assigned you may choose best edge or worst edge scoring. If there are no values assigned to the rings then, I would say, you are free to assign any value you like. Then again, I may be entirely wrong. Have fun.

Bob

I just re-read your post and it dawned on me that you may not have purchased the targets. In order to clarify my post let me say that I am not familiar with that particular target but to me it appears, from the picture, that the rings are assigned values. I hope this helps.
    P.S.
    Did some research on that target. Itís a small boar target meant for use at 50 feet.
    Last edited by Bob1949; 03-23-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: To clarify my post

Ten bulls, one shot each, max score 100, worst edge scoring.

The barely visible dot in the center has a value of "10" . and as the rings progress larger they are 9, 8, 7 and so no.

To properly score for a "10" value hit you need a special scoring gage. As I remember, if the gage cuts inside the 8 ring, you have hit the 10 dot. Champion Shooters Supply or Champions Choice can probably supply it. You need a second
    gage to score the rest of the rings. We scored best side hit. It's the gage typically use to score the A -17 50 ft. target

20 years ago I coached our high school rifle team (guess those days are long gone now based on the current climate in this country) and the A-36 is what we shot on. It was three position Olympic style shooting 1/4 course. 10 shots prone, standing, and kneeling, iron sights, 50 ft indoor gallery. Some of the kids could shoot 280+ scores for the three positions. The idea was to get the kids to a level where they might get a shooting scholarship to a college that had a rifle team.

FWIW

Steve Kostanich
    Last edited by Steve Kostanich; 03-24-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks