Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sure name in the forum?

Gee Wilbur, reckon you could start another site? Maybe one where you can only use nicknames. Best of both worlds. Everyone's happy! If you want to use your real name then use it. If you don't want to then don't. And if you don't, it's absolutely NO BUSINESS of the ones that do. Have we come to be so opinionated that this is an issue? Really? I will tell you like I tell my students in my auto class. Put your bigboy panties on, grow up, and get over it. If this is all we got to talk here then things have gone south on this site. Goodgrouper nailed it with his last sentence by the way. And by the way, some of you that use your real names really ought to use a nickname. Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt and let everybody know your name in the process.

name change

Hello this is Michael I would change my name but do not know how to go about it? Help

Quote Originally Posted by chaymbrd View Post
    Hello this is Michael I would change my name but do not know how to go about it? Help
    9year old thread-
    Living in the Communist State of CA
    be as anonymous as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chaymbrd View Post
    Hey Mick
    You need to be signed in.
    Reach up to the right corner and tap “ Settings”.
    Now go over to the left side of the screen to the box “ My Settings”
    Move down past “ My Profile” and tap “Edit Profile”.
    Now in the box labeled “Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.”
    Here you will find a long box into which you can type what ever you wish, your name perhaps.
    Now go to the bottom, right, of the page and tap “ Save Changes”.
    What ever you typed into the box above will show up under your Screen Name when you post.

Hope this helps
    Bob

thanks for helping the man Bob

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    thanks for helping the man Bob
    I try to help when I can

Quote Originally Posted by seblambang View Post
    Dear Wilbur and Moderators,

I have a little question/concern here... why don't you make a policy to require all members to use their sure/true name? or even with their photo?

You know what I mean... many of us in this forum prefer to talk with, say Stuart Elliot, rather than "stuart007" --- just for instance.

Some people might think that it is "cool" (or so?) to use a false / secret name, but it is not imo.

Best Regards,
    Sebastian Lambang.

Edit: I have changed my avatar.

In your example Stuart's surname also commonly known as his last name is Elliot. So what problem would posting as Elliot fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1949 View Post
    Hey Mick
    You need to be signed in.
    Reach up to the right corner and tap “ Settings”.
    Now go over to the left side of the screen to the box “ My Settings”
    Move down past “ My Profile” and tap “Edit Profile”.
    Now in the box labeled “Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.”
    Here you will find a long box into which you can type what ever you wish, your name perhaps.
    Now go to the bottom, right, of the page and tap “ Save Changes”.
    What ever you typed into the box above will show up under your Screen Name when you post.

Hope this helps
    Bob
    Members can't change their screen names. Perhaps Wilbur can, but members can't.

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    In your example Stuart's surname also commonly known as his last name is Elliot. So what problem would posting as Elliot fix?
    Stuart Elliott is a 25yr friend from the land of OZ. Probably the #1 shooter in that country. Him and his wife Annie are Hall of Fame shooters. They shoot about every discipline from RF to long range. They also started and run BRT Shooters Supply and travel the World giving shooting lessons.
    Hope that clears up who Stuart happens to be.

What does our countries constitution actually have to say about it folks. I am sick and tired of it constantly being ignored and not being up held.

QUOTE FROM
    "antelopedundee
    internet bum
    "Members can't change their screen names. Perhaps Wilbur can, but members can't. “

Antelope, you are correct, the “User / Screen Name” and “Password” are combined at the web site server.
    If the “User / Screen Name” and “Password” are correct we gain access to the web site.
    If a mistake is made in either of the two entries we do not get access to our favorite web site.
    There is a method to change the “Password”, which I will not get into here.
    The only way we can change our “User / Screen Name” is to log on as a new user with a new “User / Screen Name” and “Password”.

Bob