Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modern loads in the 7mm Mauser?

What proof

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    you keep claiming facts, but have zero proof. when dealing with safety issues, opinions dont count.
    would satisfy you? Just curious. Two choices: beat it to death or move on. Pretty difficult to post PROOF here.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    would satisfy you? Just curious. Two choices: beat it to death or move on. Pretty difficult to post PROOF here.

Pete
    Pete, this was posted on 01-27-2012. My guess is that Lefty has moved on.

The 7x57mm

seems to have always suffered here in the US from the vast supply of old mausers that are not proofed for the full potential of the 7x57. American ammo has been loaded for the least common denominator. If you want to see its full potential get some factory NORMA ammo.

In a strong, modern action it leaves nothing on the table vs. the 7mm/08. Seems if its invented here, as in the 7/08, any popularity that it develops is hard to overcome. Same can be said of the 8x57JS cartridge. Most of the whomp of the 30-06 with a wider bullet. Preferences vary for a lot of reasons and that's good!
    Last edited by glp; 12-28-2021 at 02:03 PM.

The first couple years of the Remington 700 classics, a couple of us bought the 7x57 edition, shot great with a Sierra 140 over 4320,well under an inch @ 100yds, my buddy took a couple large Labrador caribou with that combo that dropped like lightning hit’em.