Thread: Rem. 700 .223 bolt assembly needed

Rem. 700 .223 bolt assembly needed

Guys:

A friend of mine seriously overloaded his Remington 700 .223 and did a number on the entire bolt face. If anyone has one they care to part with please send me a PM. I've searched all over the internet to no avail.

Many Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    Guys:

A friend of mine seriously overloaded his Remington 700 .223 and did a number on the entire bolt face. If anyone has one they care to part with please send me a PM. I've searched all over the internet to no avail.

Many Thanks,
    Ben
    Check PTG https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/ - they carry '700 bolts that are probably better than the originals. Settle in for a long wait - they aren't fast, but the product has always been good, ime.

GsT

Guys:

Many Thanks,
    Ben

Not repairable?

my question too...... what can break on a boltface?

I've ordered some bolts from PTG in the last yr and didn't wait long.... maybe 3mo??

WELL worth it

Thanks

Thanks guys for your replies.

Yeah, I thought of the PTG bolt but he doesn't want to wait 3 months for one. He's an avid prarie dog shooter and wants to shoot all summer.

After he hammered the bolt from the action he decided to take his dremel to the bolt face area to get the case off the bolt face. He did a number on it with his dremel. When I looked at it I noticed the extractor was gone and the ejector plunger is recessed and stuck tight below the surface of the bolt face.

Thanks,
    Ben H

You might want to have him check with Mack Bros. I've seen some of their replacement bolts and they're very nice. While their site doesn't show it, they do have the .378 bolt face bolts available. Best to give them a call for stocking status, etc. They aren't drop ins and need to be fittted...same as the PTG bolts, etc.

Good shootin' -Al

https://macbros.com/remington-700-replacement-bolt/

P.S. If it didn't distort the nose of the bolt to the point that the extractor groove is thrashed, it can likely be fixed.
    Last edited by Al Nyhus; 06-27-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Yeah, I thought of the PTG bolt but he doesn't want to wait 3 months for one. He's an avid prarie dog shooter and wants to shoot all summer.

After he hammered the bolt from the action he decided to take his dremel to the bolt face area to get the case off the bolt face. He did a number on it with his dremel. When I looked at it I noticed the extractor was gone and the ejector plunger is recessed and stuck tight below the surface of the bolt face.

Thanks,
    Ben H
    Ahh yes, the old and popular "Dremel" debacle

Jim

Grizzzly

Thanks,
    Ben H
    I saw an Adv on Grizzly for some Rem 700 PTG bolts for sale at a great price.

Pete

Ben H,
    I have a dozen PT&G .378" .699" diameter OEM Rem extractor/ejector configuration bolt bodies on location.

The original bolt w/ a simple clearance measurement would be required to duplicate a drop in replacement.

Great!

Thanks, Dan!

I will pass it along to him and see what he wants to do.

Ben