Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30BR Bushing Bump Neck Sizing Die ?

Mine was specd at .331 neck and .4715 at the .200 Datum.

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    The 2.5 sits idly by. Calvin
    Calvin, my bet is that your 2.5 would be ideal for Danny.

Just sayin'....... -Al

Harrell just shipped me a die that would fit

sent 2 fired brass to Harrell and they got back to me yesterday saying they managed to fit a die according to my chamber. Only took a week after I sent my spent brass, fast service. Meanwhile, a competition buddy measured his fired brass after I mentioned my problem and his measures .330" and he claims his chamber neck chamber is also .330". I don't know but I'd be surprised his fired brass neck OD is the same as his chamber neck size. His chamber neck must be bigger than that. The more it goes, the more I believe there is a more than one so called 30BR chamber mesurement. Can't wait to try out this Harrell die.
    danyboy

Quote Originally Posted by danyboy View Post
    sent 2 fired brass to Harrell and they got back to me yesterday saying they managed to fit a die according to my chamber. Only took a week after I sent my spent brass, fast service. Meanwhile, a competition buddy measured his fired brass after I mentioned my problem and his measures .330" and he claims his chamber neck chamber is also .330". I don't know but I'd be surprised his fired brass neck OD is the same as his chamber neck size. His chamber neck must be bigger than that. The more it goes, the more I believe there is a more than one so called 30BR chamber mesurement. Can't wait to try out this Harrell die.
    danyboy
    There have been a few different 30BR reamers made over the years. But I believe there has only been 2 Official Robinette style reamers . His Original and now his revised JGS version but I could be wrong.

As was said

And Randy will say it over and over. There is only 1 Robinette reamer until his latest version #2. Any other reamer is NOT a Robinette. Many people have come up with there own versions. They may have used some of his print and then made one or 2 changes. That is NOT a Robinette. I used Randy's original print, made the recommended changes reading some of his posts, talked with Al N, made 1 more change and sent it off to JGS for a reamer. It has my print number to it 30BRCY. No reference to any other reamer.

If and when people have issues with sizing, if they have not used a TRUE Robinette reamer that is a good possibility. Yes, there are many 30BR reamer designs. If the guy that is doing ones chambering says he has a good reamer, what does he mean by that? What is good to him? The guys that play around the competitive circles are the guys I would lean to first. Not saying all, but there are those who have a reputation. Die to chamber fit is so crucial. It took my dealings with 2 fellas to really understand that.
    Last edited by CYanchycki; 06-23-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Harrell die question

Just got Harrell 30BR die that's supposed to fit my chamber. No details came with it. Bottom has 'B2' stamped, there is a .330" ID brass bushing attached to the outside of the decapping/mandrel pin ???.
    Question: Are Harrell dies Bushing dies ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD057C18-F1F8-44D1-8852-A00BA4B1117C.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	25566  

Yes they are

Bushing dies. And the brass so called bushing is a gauge to use for measuring shoulder bump with your verniers. Slip it over the neck and measure before sizing and after. Be careful on the fired primer if you have some cratering. I measure slightly off center of the primer. Size down to the feel you want on bolt close and Mark that measurement down.

The 2 on the bottom

Refers to a Harrel #2 die. That means it will or should squeeze the case 2 thou.

Just sized 50 brass, only sizes down .001" halfway between the web and the shoulder and just before the shoulder but it should do the job. Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by danyboy; 07-01-2022 at 04:50 PM.