Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Vudoo Quality Control

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    657

    Vudoo Quality Control

    I found this video on another forum.

    I thought many here may be interested.

    It's primary topic is about the Vudoo 360 but also dispels some myths about engraving depths that has been spouted by some that should know better.


    TKH (4628)

    https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...ntrol.4060232/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boothbay Harbor, ME
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    I found this video on another forum.

    I thought many here may be interested.

    It's primary topic is about the Vudoo 360 but also dispels some myths about engraving depths that has been spouted by some that should know better.


    TKH (4628)

    https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...ntrol.4060232/
    Tony, I've watched the video a couple times & fail to see where it dispels any myths. I saw where he found the engraving on the 2 barrels.
    Furthermore, & I don't mean to discredit the guy, but his accomplishments in rfbr, or anywhere else, are what?
    Its plain to see you're still worked up about the Rimfire Chamber thread & the discussion on the Nevius reamer & where most set their engraving using it for Lapua. Somewhere of late I'd read where you mentioned something about being open minded so I have to ask, have you either tried the Nevius reamer or the "spouted off" engraving depths with one of yours?

    Keith
    Last edited by linekin; 03-09-2022 at 05:39 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    64
    Tony:

    Looking at the videos, I couldn't find any reference to "engraving depth", or if any opinion was offered - could you point me in the right direction (maybe a specific time the conversation took place in the video)?

    Assuming I am one of the "people who should know better".....or maybe not, I am just a position shooter after all.

    Seems from the initial post a burr might have found its way under your saddle LOL......pull it out and join the conversation!

    All the best,

    kev (OU812)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    428

    Cresent Firing Pin

    This seems to be a huge issue with Quality control out of the Gate ! They just sent FP #3 to a BR shooter and it is a Chisel point ! I cannot see where the Video address `s anything of Quality Control or their problem of fixing their FTF ignition that is rampant ! E!velio McDonald who has built 5 of them can not either! They are not ready to hunt ! Cliff Arnold has the only one that has showed up here ,that has a grasp of getting one to work , maybe he knows BO!
    Last edited by Slick Willy; 03-12-2022 at 11:12 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    I found this video on another forum.

    I thought many here may be interested.

    It's primary topic is about the Vudoo 360 but also dispels some myths about engraving depths that has been spouted by some that should know better.


    TKH (4628)

    https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...ntrol.4060232/
    Not for nothing, I have no particular opinion either way, but may I assume guns in the video are repeaters of what vintage relative to their production…unknown, not the single shot BR versions. Relevent or not, you decide, just saying since this is a BR forum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Willy View Post
    This seems to be a huge issue with Quality control out of the Gate ! They just sent FP #3 to a BR shooter and it is a Chisel point ! I cannot see where the Video address `s anything of Quality Control or their problem of fixing their FTF ignition that is rampant ! E!velio McDonald who has built 5 of them can not either! They are not ready to hunt ! Cliff Arnold has the only one that has showed up here ,that has a grasp of getting one to work , maybe he knows BO!
    The first 4 actions that I got, they all had the crescent style firing pins, at the time I had several conversations with Mike B. about the FTF problems, he then sends me some replacement pins again with the crescent tip but in a different location, they did not solve the problem. Later in a call to VGW I found out that they did not know anything about the crescent style pins ??????? I later found out more details about how these crescent pins came in existence, but I rather not discuss it online.
    The fifth action also came with a crescent pin, and that one was actually perforating the cases from the first round fired. As of now four of the actions crescent firing pins have been replaced with chisel point pins furnished by VGW
    My personal rifle is the only one left with the original crescent pin, and after several changes and modifications is shooting damm good but still get and occasional FTF, I do have a replacement chisel type pin, but have not used it yet.
    As far as I know, all the new V22S have now the chisel style firing pins.
    Evelio.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Not for nothing, I have no particular opinion either way, but may I assume guns in the video are repeaters of what vintage relative to their productionÂ…unknown, not the single shot BR versions. Relevent or not, you decide, just saying since this is a BR forum.
    Tim,

    I believe the Vudoo 360 is the latest version of the repeater. I don't believe there is a big difference between the repeater and the single shot other than the clip.

    Perhaps Evelio can shed more light on this.

    The video I posted is the second video in a series of four. If one watches all four videos you can see it was not the makers intent to gore anyone's sacred cow.

    That wasn't my intention either.

    I thought the maker did an outstanding job of showing how to trouble shoot action problems and how to cure them. Especially the FTF issue.

    His approach was professional and knew what equipment to use and how to use it.

    I now realize it was a bit technical and didn't appeal to some readers. That is the chance one takes when they post information on the internet.

    TKH (4628)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    TKH
    I only had one repeater action in my hands to rebarrel, and made it into a silhouette rifle, that was about a year before I started to mess around with the single shot actions, and never paid attention to what the action looked like, but I do remember now that it was easier to chamber than the single shot, maybe it was the location of the extractor slots, don't really know if they are that much different, but I do have a friend that have a repeater, it is not the new 360 but I will look at it real close, and compare it with the single shot.
    Evelio.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelio View Post
    TKH
    I only had one repeater action in my hands to rebarrel, and made it into a silhouette rifle, that was about a year before I started to mess around with the single shot actions, and never paid attention to what the action looked like, but I do remember now that it was easier to chamber than the single shot, maybe it was the location of the extractor slots, don't really know if they are that much different, but I do have a friend that have a repeater, it is not the new 360 but I will look at it real close, and compare it with the single shot.
    Evelio.
    Evelin,
    I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in what you learn about the differences between the 360 and the single shot. I thought last year some would show at matches I attended but it just never happened.
    Thanks for responding.
    TKH (4628)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Zephyrhills, FL
    Posts
    43
    I'm sure every manufacturer has a product that gets out the door that doesn't quite meet their quality or reputation. If so, contact Vudoo and they will promptly take care of it. They did for me. Their customer support is the best.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Zhills View Post
    I'm sure every manufacturer has a product that gets out the door that doesn't quite meet their quality or reputation. If so, contact Vudoo and they will promptly take care of it. They did for me. Their customer support is the best.
    Paul,

    I think everyone will agree with you. Their customer service has been outstanding.

    TKH (4628)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    Evelin,
    I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in what you learn about the differences between the 360 and the single shot. I thought last year some would show at matches I attended but it just never happened.
    Thanks for responding.
    TKH (4628)
    Tony, during the match in Midland, I had a chance to take a closer look at a second generation repeater V22, the bolt is a two lugs and totally different than the V22S bolt, not interchangeable at all.
    My traveling friend was shooting his V22S with still the crescent pin and had several FTF during both days, besides that, the gun shot pretty good, he came in in fourth place on Sunday's match, in Sat. match he placed his first card backwards, and shot a great score on the factory target ????
    I kept his gun and replaced the pin with a new chisel point pin, shot it in the shop a few times, and the indent looked good with both Eley, and Midas, will see what it does at the range.
    Evelio.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •