Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bourbon

Not much of a drinker here, although I do indulge in a good Vodka once in a great while " off topic I know" but I'm still wondering, why this thread is not in the General Discussion part of this forum.

http://benchrest.com/forumdisplay.ph...ral-Discussion

Harper had a great series of "how to make your rimfire rifle shoot better" going here.

Quote Originally Posted by George Atkins View Post
    Not much of a drinker here, although I do indulge in a good Vodka once in a great while " off topic I know" but I'm still wondering, why this thread is not in the General Discussion part of this forum.

http://benchrest.com/forumdisplay.ph...ral-Discussion

Harper had a great series of "how to make your rimfire rifle shoot better" going here.
    Theyíre still there George, letís not go nuts here.A little levity never hurts.

Bourbon

That was the intent of the question. Itís winter! By the way my pick would be Blantonís, whenI can get some.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    Whatís a great bourbon sipping whiskey for you benchresterís?
    As I have ďMaturedĒ I have gravitated to now my new favorite
    Whistle Pig
    Piggy Back
    100% Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Martin View Post
    Old Crow....I'm a budget drinker. Tasted plenty of the high end stuff over the years and could never justify the price.

-Lee
    www.singleactions.com
    I use Old Crow for mixed drinks but not straight up or over ice. Try Evan Williams if you like a bargain Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnevius View Post
    Oldman (me too! LOL):

Love a discussion about Bourbon!!

This topic is going to be about as opinionated as RFBR! After a few years of searching, I found my first bottle of Buffalo Trace, and have been there ever since.

My wife and I made the trip to the distillery last winter, and it was amazing. The smell in the warehouses was indescribable (like hundreds of years worth of aging spirits, charred white oak and a whole lot of magic!).

Occasionally (like once in a few months) in the great white north of Ohio, you will see Buffalo Trace in stores - just a bottle or two, and it never lasts more than a day. Other BT Distillery Bourbons ade equally amazing - I enjoy Weller (if you like a Wheated Bourbon, with a little more sweetness), or Blanton's - which is pure heaven again, if you can find it. Oh, and Eagle Rare and E.H. Taylor are also great, and from the same distillery.

There are many great others, but those are my favorites.

PS - Its hard to believe that this distillery has been there since two years BEFORE the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Great topic!!

kev
    Kev,

Living here in Ky brings many a bourbon benefit. If you are looking for some value and a great smooth taste, try Jim Beam's double oaked/twice barreled. It was about 20 bucks, the label has a bluish tint to it. I was very much surprised by the taste given back in my youth I downed significant quantities of JB and diet coke! Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mdelco1 View Post
    Kev,

Living here in Ky brings many a bourbon benefit. If you are looking for some value and a great smooth taste, try Jim Beam's double oaked/twice barreled. It was about 20 bucks, the label has a bluish tint to it. I was very much surprised by the taste given back in my youth I downed significant quantities of JB and diet coke! Mark
    I will Mark, great to hear from you!

I hope you and yours are doing well - not sure about the upcoming baseball season (with the looming strike and all), we still need to do a Cleveland / Cubs game though!!

Right now I am just finishing a bottle of Blanton's that Santa brought - but I will start looking for the JB you suggested!

All the very best

kev

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnevius View Post
    I will Mark, great to hear from you!

I hope you and yours are doing well - not sure about the upcoming baseball season (with the looming strike and all), we still need to do a Cleveland / Cubs game though!!

Right now I am just finishing a bottle of Blanton's that Santa brought - but I will start looking for the JB you suggested!

All the very best

kev
    Cubs - Cleveland it is ! maybe one of them will score a run ! or throw a strike! or field a bobbleless grounder or get their uniform dirty!!!! It is going to be a loooooonnnngggggggg year

George Dickel #12

I like Old Forster 1897 Bottled in Bond best, but Michters, Larceny, Knob Creek, and even Wild Turkey 101 are all very good.

Sounds like we need a bourbon night at Atterbury this summer!