Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: single most important verdict this century

[QUOTE=Chism G;848205]
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post

That quote would not be true were it not for the losers. Im here today because two other guys lost.

I find a generation of parents who lack parenting skills.

Glenn

Glenn
    Glenn,

As a retired 30 year veteran of LE, I'm glad to hear that the other two guys lost. You did what you were supposed to do, and what you were trained to do. Good wins...

The alternative to that sucks. I have a friend and academy mate who didn't win, and his two boys have grown up without a father. His name is now etched in granite at the Police Officers Memorial in DC.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/17801-d...ff-jerry-ortiz

And you're absolutely correct on your parenting skills comment.

Justin

Thanks for your service

[QUOTE=Zebra13;848218]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post

Glenn,

As a retired 30 year veteran of LE, I'm glad to hear that the other two guys lost. You did what you were supposed to do, and what you were trained to do. Good wins...

The alternative to that sucks. I have a friend and academy mate who didn't win, and his two boys have grown up without a father. His name is now etched in granite at the Police Officers Memorial in DC.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/17801-d...ff-jerry-ortiz

And you're absolutely correct on your parenting skills comment.

Justin

Justin, Thanks for your service. Sorry for the loss of your friend and comrade.

We have a memorial, like all LEO Organizations, honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Several of my friends made the list. I feel like I know everyone one on that wall. Its a bond thatís hard to explain.
    31Ö..I beat you by one year.

Enjoy your retirement.

Glenn

Thank you both for your service.

"All living things prioritize their own survival above all else and will do what is necessary to stay alive."

Except for some men and some dogs.

Except

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
    "All living things prioritize their own survival above all else and will do what is necessary to stay alive."

Except for some men and some dogs.

these three guys didn't pass the Darwin Award test, attacking an armed citizen with the God given right to defend himself from grievous bodily injury or worse.

When

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    I had similar thoughts initially. Having heard more of the facts last evening, I was wrong.

elected leaders totally fail to quell criminal behavior, and worse tell the police to stand down, what is a person left to do? Watch their life's work go up in smoke or accept a severe beating or worse? The political progressives in these cities are at the top of the totem pole of blame.

Glenn,
    We firemen in Detroit have done it differently since 1865. The Detroit Firemení Fund has maintained a plot in Elmwood Cemetery and Mt. Eliot cemetery seen here. There are over 500 firemen buried in each cemetery. Our Memorial Day parade is an annual occurrence since before Memorial Day was established nationally.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e3/3f/05/e...2d5b3b4682.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    elected leaders totally fail to quell criminal behavior, and worse tell the police to stand down, what is a person left to do? Watch their life's work go up in smoke or accept a severe beating or worse? The political progressives in these cities are at the top of the totem pole of blame.
    Couldn't agree more! -Al

[QUOTE=Chism G;848219]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra13 View Post

Justin, Thanks for your service. Sorry for the loss of your friend and comrade.

We have a memorial, like all LEO Organizations, honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Several of my friends made the list. I feel like I know everyone one on that wall. Its a bond thatís hard to explain.
    31Ö..I beat you by one year.

Enjoy your retirement.

Glenn
    Thank God you don't have to try and do your job in today's environment.

Thank you.

Later
    Dave

Memorials

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Glenn,
    We firemen in Detroit have done it differently since 1865. The Detroit Firemení Fund has maintained a plot in Elmwood Cemetery and Mt. Eliot cemetery seen here. There are over 500 firemen buried in each cemetery. Our Memorial Day parade is an annual occurrence since before Memorial Day was established nationally.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e3/3f/05/e...2d5b3b4682.jpg

Very Honorable Francis, and quite fitting. I am going to try to stay out of places like that as long as I can.

Glenn

Todays Environment

[QUOTE=Dave Coots;848242]

Thank God you don't have to try and do your job in today's environment.

Thank you.

Later
    Dave

Thanks Dave, Things have definitely changed since 1999, especially for cops in uniform. Body cams, cellphones and security cams make great evidence in court. Law Enforcement has to change with technology.

Glenn

Glenn

[QUOTE=Chism G;848245]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post

Thanks Dave, Things have definitely changed since 1999, especially for cops in uniform. Body cams, cellphones and security cams make great evidence in court. Law Enforcement has to change with technology.

Glenn

Glenn
    All those devices will protect those that deserve it. They show the whole story, not the medias.

Later
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 11-24-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Politics aside....Is there a legal precedent established following a trial court verdict? Guilty or not guilty verdicts are based on evidence or lack thereof and 12 members of your peers. Every trial is different. The only take away I see from this Verdict is that If you find yourself in a Jam,Hire the best lawyer you can afford.

Glenn
    You are correct. This is a bit off topic, but the worst legal precedents that have been set include:

1. Holding Cessna liable for a pothole in a runway, causing them to stop manufacturing new planes for 30 years
    2. McDonald's caving to the old lady who spilled hot coffee on herself
    3. The photographer in New Mexico back in the 90's who refused to shoot a gay wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by AMMASHOOTA View Post
    You are correct. This is a bit off topic, but the worst legal precedents that have been set include:

1. Holding Cessna liable for a pothole in a runway, causing them to stop manufacturing new planes for 30 years
    2. McDonald's caving to the old lady who spilled hot coffee on herself
    3. The photographer in New Mexico back in the 90's who refused to shoot a gay wedding.
    I'm not familiar with ## 1 and 3; however, based on the the two articles below, I don't disagree with the McDonald's verdict.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebec...7s_Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I'm not familiar with ## 1 and 3; however, based on the the two articles below, I don't disagree with the McDonald's verdict.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebec...7s_Restaurants
    And again I disagree with your lack of disagreement..... you're like the folks who grunt and whine about "reading posts they don't like".... SO DON'T READ THE BOOK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!

duhh

I didn't like 'Fight Club'.... so I didn't watch it. Tried a 2nd time and made it further.... third time I tried I made it to the end but I only got through it because folks said "I had to" cuz "it's meaningful" and all that (which was crap, it's revisionist tripe) but the point is, I willingly didn't partake of things I feel might be more harm than gain. MY choice..... I don't choose to freeclimb El Capitan and look down on those who do..... but I'll certainly never advocate that the practice should be "banned", nor that someone else (me) should pay to clean up after the dipsticks who evacuate theyselfs over God's quarter acre.

Actions Have Consequences

And Lord Forfend that you buy coffee hot enough to burn you!

Or drive fast enough that if you hit something you'll die

Or hannle a gun that could actually HURT you

People like you are the reason Alec will get off because......... mic drop ........ "he din't pull the trigger"

If you actually could carry your logic to fruition you'd find that you CANNOT hold a job because the simple act of getting out of bed and driving to work is too dan'rous....

But you can't

so you won't