Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vudoo Single Shot Update

Vudoo Single Shot Update

Looking for an update from any Vudoo owners out there. How is your single shot rifle performing? What are your likes/dislikes with the rifle?

Thanks,

RFS

Well,

I haven't seen any of them mentioned in the winners podiums of any Benchrest matches yet. Has anyone else? this is where the worth of rifles are seen .

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    I haven't seen any of them mentioned in the winners podiums of any Benchrest matches yet. Has anyone else? this is where the worth of rifles are seen .

Pete
    7th Place at Nationals is not too shabby...

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfireshooter View Post
    7th Place at Nationals is not too shabby...
    You are exactly right 7th place is not too shabby.

Maybe we can encourage Cliff Arnold into telling us a little about his Vudoo build.

Come on Cliff tell us the back story.

TKH

Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    You are exactly right 7th place is not too shabby.

Maybe we can encourage Cliff Arnold into telling us a little about his Vudoo build.

Come on Cliff tell us the back story.

TKH
    One piece of his puzzle is a reverse taper barrel. He shoots that rifle very well.

Larry

One piece of his puzzle is a reverse taper barrel. He shoots that rifle very well.

Larry
    Larry,

Cliff is using a reverse taper barrel on that Vudoo?

That is a throw back to the days Bill Meyers used reverse tapered Benchmark barrels and did very well with them.

Do you know if that is a Benchmark three groove?

Please share anything you know about Cliff's rifle. It doesn't look like Cliff reads these threads.

TKH

Larry,

Cliff is using a reverse taper barrel on that Vudoo?

That is a throw back to the days Bill Meyers used reverse tapered Benchmark barrels and did very well with them.

Do you know if that is a Benchmark three groove?

Please share anything you know about Cliff's rifle. It doesn't look like Cliff reads these threads.

TKH
    According to the equipment list, Cliff is using a Muller barrel.
    Joe
    Last edited by 65joe; 09-19-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 65joe View Post
    According to the equipment list, Cliff is using a Muller barrel.
    Joe
    I can confirm it's a reverse taper, I saw it myself at the match and again at Marion County. This is the first time I have seen a reverse taper, and it makes an impression on you, given the narrow area near the action, and the thicker end at the muzzle.

Tony, I'll see him again in a couple of weeks at Edwardsburg, I'll ask him more about the barrel. He mentioned the number of grooves, but I can't remember accurately what he told me.

Thanks,

Larry

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rimfireshooter View Post
    one piece of his puzzle is a reverse taper barrel. He shoots that rifle very well.

Larry
    havs new spt never shot by bill myers made many yrs ago with benchmark bbl hope o try it out next yr.i

I can confirm it's a reverse taper, I saw it myself at the match and again at Marion County. This is the first time I have seen a reverse taper, and it makes an impression on you, given the narrow area near the action, and the thicker end at the muzzle.

Tony, I'll see him again in a couple of weeks at Edwardsburg, I'll ask him more about the barrel. He mentioned the number of grooves, but I can't remember accurately what he told me.

Thanks,

Larry
    Larry,

Please let us know what you find out. I'm not aware that Muller has made reverse taper barrels but perhaps they have.

One thing we know for sure is Cliff's rifle is working, would really like to know what if any mods he has made.

TKH

Larry,

Please let us know what you find out. I'm not aware that Muller has made reverse taper barrels but perhaps they have.

One thing we know for sure is Cliff's rifle is working, would really like to know what if any mods he has made.

TKH
    Tony, I checked with Paul Tolvstad and Muller does not make a reverse taper barrel. I'm not sure what brand the barrel is, or how old it is.

If I find out any further info, I'll be sure to let you know.

Larry

Tony, I checked with Paul Tolvstad and Muller does not make a reverse taper barrel. I'm not sure what brand the barrel is, or how old it is.

Larry
    Larry,

The barrel is most likely a Benchmark. It could be a two groove or a three groove. Back in the day most people shot the two grooves and some remarkable score were shot with them.

I would be most interested in what if anything has been done to the firing pin or bolt assembly. Please report what you can.

TKH

Larry
    Larry,

The barrel is most likely a Benchmark. It could be a two groove or a three groove. Back in the day most people shot the two grooves and some remarkable score were shot with them.

I would be most interested in what, if anything, has been done to the firing pin or bolt assembly. Please report what you can.

TKH

Shilen used to do reverse taper barrels. I have one left. It is a centerfire though, but they have the program and caliber wouldn't
    Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Shilen used to do reverse taper barrels. I have one left. It is a centerfire though, but they have the program and caliber wouldn't
    Matter.
    Butch,

You are right, I do remember Shilen made some reverse taper barrels. Cliff could be using a Shilen.

I really wish Cliff would tell us more about his rifle.

I understand he may not want to giveaway trade secrets but there are many Vudoo owners that possibly could benefit from his information.

TKH
    Last edited by tonykharper; 09-28-2021 at 12:01 PM.