Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie Needs Help from the Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Will do! Makes sense, I also placed a post under the gunsmith forum looking for recommendations on a gunsmith I can hook up with to build the next rifle.

I believe the book you refer too is titled Rifle Accuracy by Harold Vaughn, its listed at $178.00 on Amazon, $300.00 on ebay (used) and up to $600.00 (used) on several other book sites! I'll keep searching for it though, hopefully can find a better price somewhere.
    Wow! I may be persuaded to get rid of my signed edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Wow! I may be persuaded to get rid of my signed edition.
    Signed addition will probably net you over a grand!

I believe the entire content of 'Rifle Accuracy Facts' is available to read online for free. I've a friend reading it online right now, I'll ask him.

Boyd Allen will know also.

Not to gloat..... but I've got two signed editions still wrapped in plastic and a couple 'readers'..... one on the bookshelf, one edition getting pretty dogeared from me loaning it out and mailing it around for friends to read....

And the last 5 copies of Henderson's "Marine Sniper, 93 Confirmed Kills" as commissioned by Brennan in his limited run of 500 that Carlos signed......3 in plastic as shipped. Because my order got screwed up there were 505 copies signed. The Bro's Chandler had to wake him up in his hospital bed to get the signatures for mine.....I'll never forget Rocky drawling "well $#!t, I guess we could go see if we can wake him up!"

My channel (at least I HOPE it's active! I haven't cracked 'er open in more than a year!) is opinionsby____al

that's opinionsby underscore underscore underscore underscore al

I made it very hard to find cuz I detest 'fans'.... also, before anyone comments on how it's "boring" or "kludgy" or "it needs an editor" be advised THIS IS ALL RAW FOOTAGE!!! There has been not ONE DROP of editing done nor have I attempted to order/reference/index anything. You're on your own in a morass of myass-ininity

if you watch enough you'll see me stating "I'm not a tuber!"

cuz I'm not.

This is simply a repository for documentation of a few of my ongoing projects. I'm using youtube for my bitch because it's the only dog on the street...There are 6-8 subjects broached, none fully explored and NONE edited for errors or continuity.

This link _might_ get you into the content. After that you're on your own! (some have said that subscribing makes it more coherent, easier to navigate)

linkie, maybe https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...inionsby____al

I got sidetracked from recording and have spent the last year making my yard into a 600yd wonderland of hanging steel, target frames, my testing range with 2 Oehler43's with acoustic targets to 500yds and free-range targets of choice scattered over 60acres......... and quad/dirtbike/4X4 humps and bumps and twisties.... tabletops to moguls and such. The range pictured in these youtube vids will be MUCH CHANGED when I start recording again!

hopefully soon

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    I believe the entire content of 'Rifle Accuracy Facts' is available to read online for free. I've a friend reading it online right now, I'll ask him.

Boyd Allen will know also.

Not to gloat..... but I've got two signed editions still wrapped in plastic and a couple 'readers'..... one on the bookshelf, one edition getting pretty dogeared from me loaning it out and mailing it around for friends to read....

And the last 5 copies of Henderson's "Marine Sniper, 93 Confirmed Kills" as commissioned by Brennan in his limited run of 500 that Carlos signed......3 in plastic as shipped. Because my order got screwed up there were 505 copies signed. The Bro's Chandler had to wake him up in his hospital bed to get the signatures for mine.....I'll never forget Rocky drawling "well $#!t, I guess we could go see if we can wake him up!"

My channel (at least I HOPE it's active! I haven't cracked 'er open in more than a year!) is opinionsby____al

that's opinionsby underscore underscore underscore underscore al

I made it very hard to find cuz I detest 'fans'.... also, before anyone comments on how it's "boring" or "kludgy" or "it needs an editor" be advised THIS IS ALL RAW FOOTAGE!!! There has been not ONE DROP of editing done nor have I attempted to order/reference/index anything. You're on your own in a morass of myass-ininity

if you watch enough you'll see me stating "I'm not a tuber!"

cuz I'm not.

This is simply a repository for documentation of a few of my ongoing projects. I'm using youtube for my bitch because it's the only dog on the street...There are 6-8 subjects broached, none fully explored and NONE edited for errors or continuity.

This link _might_ get you into the content. After that you're on your own! (some have said that subscribing makes it more coherent, easier to navigate)

linkie, maybe https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...inionsby____al

I got sidetracked from recording and have spent the last year making my yard into a 600yd wonderland of hanging steel, target frames, my testing range with 2 Oehler43's with acoustic targets to 500yds and free-range targets of choice scattered over 60acres......... and quad/dirtbike/4X4 humps and bumps and twisties.... tabletops to moguls and such. The range pictured in these youtube vids will be MUCH CHANGED when I start recording again!

hopefully soon
    Thanks Al!

OKAYYY..... it still works!

I went over to see if the channel was still active and started this video...."The Mechanism of Casehead Separation" meant to be edited into my "Mechanism" series someday. And since there are some references to case growth and casehead separation on the board right now I decided to post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alBzU9CI-xE

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Sounds like a plan. IBRSA site is showing 600yd matches in Rutherford NC and Tennille GA both are around 5 to 6 hours away from my place. My local range is limited to 500yds, I'll start shooting that this weekend and look into registering for the Oct match in tennille. Look forward to getting the experience.

I also received some good info from rsmithsr that has me on the path of building a 200 to 300 yard platform as well, since it appears the only competitions within a couple of hours of me are of that distance.

Thank you again.

I believe a lot of Fclass in that area. I made mid range Highmaster with my 6.5 x 47 , 17lb. Benchrest gun.
    Not sure where you live but isn't Cool Acres closer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    I believe a lot of Fclass in that area. I made mid range Highmaster with my 6.5 x 47 , 17lb. Benchrest gun.
    Not sure where you live but isn't Cool Acres closer to you.
    I'm in New Bern NC, according to google maps Cool Acres looks to be 7 hours away. Still an option though since it looks like im in a dry spot with regards to comp shooting.

I went over to see if the channel was still active and started this video...."The Mechanism of Casehead Separation" meant to be edited into my "Mechanism" series someday. And since there are some references to case growth and casehead separation on the board right now I decided to post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alBzU9CI-xE
    Great video Al, made sense to me.

I don't know how it is for others because these videos and the entire channel originate from this laptop I'm typing on.... therefore all my defaults and hot buttons go right to the channel and sign me in as admin, but I THINK that if you were to click the video link then go up-left and click on the three lines in the upper left corner then click on 'home' it'll bring you to a whole pile of vids.

I've kept it "hard" because if I load the links up with "tag words" so normal searches access it it gets the sort of traffic I don't really want. I'm trying to fly under the radar and while the channel is "public" I basically tell folks how to get there when they have a question that I may have opined on in video format.

glad you enjoyed that one

it's been a lesson in humiliation as I burble my guts out onto an un-edited video. Some of them aren't very coherent unless you happen to be living inside my head, but at least I've got them archived in one place so's someday I can hopefully de-clutter the mess! It's that or go try navigate one of my terrabytes, or worse yet start plugging in from my mound of SD cards trying to locate a specific vid

Actual youtubers spend 1/3 of their time shooting footage and 2/3 editing it into something useful. I doubt I'll ever get the time.

I don't know how it is for others because these videos and the entire channel originate from this laptop I'm typing on.... therefore all my defaults and hot buttons go right to the channel and sign me in as admin, but I THINK that if you were to click the video link then go up-left and click on the three lines in the upper left corner then click on 'home' it'll bring you to a whole pile of vids.

I've kept it "hard" because if I load the links up with "tag words" so normal searches access it it gets the sort of traffic I don't really want. I'm trying to fly under the radar and while the channel is "public" I basically tell folks how to get there when they have a question that I may have opined on in video format.

glad you enjoyed that one

it's been a lesson in humiliation as I burble my guts out onto an un-edited video. Some of them aren't very coherent unless you happen to be living inside my head, but at least I've got them archived in one place so's someday I can hopefully de-clutter the mess! It's that or go try navigate one of my terrabytes, or worse yet start plugging in from my mound of SD cards trying to locate a specific vid

Actual youtubers spend 1/3 of their time shooting footage and 2/3 editing it into something useful. I doubt I'll ever get the time.
    I did some searching after I watched the first one and found the others. That's a lot of video's, looking forward to watching and them.

I'm sitting on a job waiting for concrete, and trying out the voice to text function on my phone as pertains to Benchrest Central, and I clicked on the provided link. And I found the red button, this is not from my laptop and this is the first time I tried to access this channel from my phone. What I found is that if you can find a round red button it may just bring you to the home page where you can click on videos

I believe the Tactical Benchrest Competition includes the original yardage you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    I believe the Tactical Benchrest Competition includes the original yardage you are looking for.
    Thank you Louis, I will check it out.