Thread: REMINGTON XR-100 FACTORY STOCk QUESTIONS

REMINGTON XR-100 FACTORY STOCk QUESTIONS

Hi

Just purchased a brand new XR-100 and itíll be here next week. Never owned one before but have a couple of questions.

1) Does the factory stock have a bedding block or pillars installed?

2) Should the recoil lug be bedded or is it OK as is?

My plan is to use it for local benchrest matches in factory class. I canít change much to stay in this class but I can tune it.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike99-123 View Post
    Hi

Just purchased a brand new XR-100 and itíll be here next week. Never owned one before but have a couple of questions.

1) Does the factory stock have a bedding block or pillars installed?

2) Should the recoil lug be bedded or is it OK as is?

My plan is to use it for local benchrest matches in factory class. I canít change much to stay in this class but I can tune it.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike, I have no idea regarding number one but I do believe the recoil area will always benefit from a betting job.

WELCOME to The Road!!

Hey thanks!

I found out that the stock is pretty basic with no pillars or block.

Iím puzzled on the recoil lug. Yes, definitely will bed but the location doesnít look the same as my 700. Mines due here in 3 days. Iíll find out then.

Mike99-123: The XR100 action is basically a Model 7 but with no magazine cut in the bottom and the later two screw rear scope base holes, which is a good thing. The recoil lug is just like a 700...a plate sandwiched between the barrel and the front of the receiver. Triggers are the same as any 700.

The laminated thumb hole stocks they come with aren't fitted with any pillars or bedding block. They normally shoot pretty well and respond nicely to a good, stress free pillar bedding job.

Good shootin' -Al