Thread: We lost another shooter John Verhagen.

We lost another shooter John Verhagen.

I am sad to say I got a call from John Verhagen's daughter to tell me he passed away yesterday. He was a great friend of mine. We started shooting benchrest together, as well as worked at Allstate together. He made some awesome stocks as well.

Oh my gosh. I hate to hear this
    I just spoke with him a week or so ago

This is awful news

RIP John

Quote Originally Posted by chriscovell View Post
    I am sad to say I got a call from John Verhagen's daughter to tell me he passed away yesterday. He was a great friend of mine. We started shooting benchrest together, as well as worked at Allstate together. He made some awesome stocks as well.
    We have lost another good guy and stockmaker. Condolences to his daughter. ----Bill

Shocked and sad to get this news...

There wasn't a nicer guy in Benchrest Competition...always a smile and welcome "great to see you" comment at the tournaments. Condolences to John's family and may he rest in peace.

So sad to hear the news!

It was always a pleasure to shoot with John, no matter what the circumstances were, he always had a smile!

Our prayers go out to his daughter and family members, and he will be missed by all of us. May he rest in peace!

Yes shocked and sad

John was one of the good guys. Easy to talk with, always a smile and made you feel he was interested in the conversation. I enjoyed his humor; self deprecating in a humorous way.
    News like this and what's happened the last few years forces me reflect and wonder. RIP

Prayers go out to family and friends.

Unhappy Totally Shocked And Sad

We lost another good one. Always looked forward to seeing John, he always had a smile on his face. Nothing ever seemed to bother him. Enjoyed benchrest as much as anyone I've ever known. I will miss him both in Visalia and Phoenix. Condolences to his family.

Lester Bruno

RIP Johnny boy

Johnny Boy Verhagen loved to shoot and was fun to be around. Truly, one of the nicest people you could ever know. He was always willing to help anyone. He will be missed by many. My heart goes out to his family RIP John Boy.