Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 140

Thread: Probes

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    954
    Chris please don't let anyone here stop you from pursuing your own search to hopefully find something that is better suited to fit your own Rimefire Benchrest needs. I have always been of the thought that it can always get better and never worse. And why I felt the need to share my own personal Rimfire Benchrest experiences to those like yourself. Who are always in search of finding something else that might actually be better for their own personal use who are willing to try something different that is not currently being sold.
    Last edited by Louis.J; 07-13-2021 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70

    Tanks Louis

    I have been doing it for a wild and had some good and bad remarks
    I have been very lucky to have my grand son to help me he is
    teaching at the university of NSW He has honors in mathematics and aeronautical engineering
    Some times I just can not under stand his terminology
    Thank you for your kind words and encouragement
    Last edited by chris; 07-14-2021 at 09:44 PM.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70

    Louis

    Hi Louis
    1 have tried the sox's before but not with that material I will make a few up soon with that plastic How did you join it Thanks

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ca.
    Posts
    954
    Chris I use Scotch Tape and then turn the sock inside out so the seam is on the inside. I typically go about a row and half wide so when I cut through the tape to remove the waste side. I still have one full strip width of tape holding the seam. The 6 inch embroidery hoops are from Hobby Lobby or a local fabric store and are self clamping to hold the sock. The fiberglass electrical wide pull rods are from Harbor Freight and come in a tube of 10 each. The male end is cut off and the female end I just run an 8-32 tap into the existing metric threads and then use a 8-32 plastic headed screw. The fiberglass rod is a perfect fit into a Cloroplast cell of which I get at local sign shop to make the wind vanes out of. A 2ft X 2ft sheet as typically used for a front yard election sign
    will make me four each. Here they are only 2 dollars each and I have the sign shop laminate the two different florescent vinyl colors I chose to each side for a few dollars more. So it takes two of the fiberglass rods for each wind vane. One on the front end to mount to the pivot on the flag stand and one on the opposite end to mount the sock to. The attachment screw for the hoop goes through the opening where the outside ring of the hoop comes to together for tightening around the inner hoop and the sock and it also a perfect fit. I hope that is help full and if you have any questions please ask. The pivots I make out of 1/2 Delrin with one end tapped 1-20 for the flag stand and the other drilled and reamed for the upper half with the brass bearing pin.The upper half having the 1/4 brass pointed pin pressed in with a through hole just down from the top to attach the wind vane to the counter balance weight using a piece of 8-32 threaded rod cut to the proper length.
    These are the flag stands that I got from Amazon and I have been using them for several years now and they have served extremely well.





    https://www.amazon.com/Photography-U...5ED4Q12&sr=8-6

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilcox, PA
    Posts
    1,226

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by billbrawand View Post
    with cups on,
    if you relly want to learn set ther daisy right in front of you and watch it change directionand angles its all ijn the tail and ribbon the daisy is only the direction finder.and dont use the tail that floats.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrawand View Post
    if you relly want to learn set ther daisy right in front of you and watch it change directionand angles its all ijn the tail and ribbon the daisy is only the direction finder.and dont use the tail that floats.
    Do you fined the daisy run on after the wind stops

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    419

    Pet Rock!

    Pet Rocks in Conversation! Forrest Gump & Box of Chocolates, Amazing !
    Last edited by Slick Willy; 07-22-2021 at 09:39 PM.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilcox, PA
    Posts
    1,226

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    do you fined the daisy run on after the wind stops
    only a fool would ask that queston. Seem some one hasnt learned yet. But keep trying.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    7,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Willy View Post
    Pet Rocks in Conversation! Forrest Gump & Box of Chocolates, Amazing !

    Doesn't take much to figure it out does it?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    7,013
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrawand View Post
    only a fool would ask that queston. Seem some one hasnt learned yet. But keep trying.
    Billy Billy Billy!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilcox, PA
    Posts
    1,226

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Billy Billy Billy!
    hey butch i cant remember you. help me out.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    7,013
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrawand View Post
    hey butch i cant remember you. help me out.
    Billy boy, That is great and I hope you don't know or remember me as I have not a clue as to whom you may be.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilcox, PA
    Posts
    1,226

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Billy boy, That is great and I hope you don't know or remember me as I have not a clue as to whom you may be.
    annother town clown,

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    Chris I use Scotch Tape and then turn the sock inside out so the seam is on the inside. I typically go about a row and half wide so when I cut through the tape to remove the waste side. I still have one full strip width of tape holding the seam. The 6 inch embroidery hoops are from Hobby Lobby or a local fabric store and are self clamping to hold the sock. The fiberglass electrical wide pull rods are from Harbor Freight and come in a tube of 10 each. The male end is cut off and the female end I just run an 8-32 tap into the existing metric threads and then use a 8-32 plastic headed screw. The fiberglass rod is a perfect fit into a Cloroplast cell of which I get at local sign shop to make the wind vanes out of. A 2ft X 2ft sheet as typically used for a front yard election sign
    will make me four each. Here they are only 2 dollars each and I have the sign shop laminate the two different florescent vinyl colors I chose to each side for a few dollars more. So it takes two of the fiberglass rods for each wind vane. One on the front end to mount to the pivot on the flag stand and one on the opposite end to mount the sock to. The attachment screw for the hoop goes through the opening where the outside ring of the hoop comes to together for tightening around the inner hoop and the sock and it also a perfect fit. I hope that is help full and if you have any questions please ask. The pivots I make out of 1/2 Delrin with one end tapped 1-20 for the flag stand and the other drilled and reamed for the upper half with the brass bearing pin.The upper half having the 1/4 brass pointed pin pressed in with a through hole just down from the top to attach the wind vane to the counter balance weight using a piece of 8-32 threaded rod cut to the proper length.
    These are the flag stands that I got from Amazon and I have been using them for several years now and they have served extremely well.





    https://www.amazon.com/Photography-U...5ED4Q12&sr=8-6
    Yes good instructions Louis I will be using the pivot that I found to be best for me It consist of 1.5 mm spring steel pin that runs in a 1.5 mm brass tube The pin sits on two 1.5 mm steel balls in the tube The pin is very strong and will not bend I will get back soon

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrawand View Post
    only a fool would ask that queston. Seem some one hasnt learned yet. But keep trying.
    No one knows it all Accept you OR are you just old bag wind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •