Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Lawsuit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NRA Lawsuit

OK, I am in Australia but I follow the news as our SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) is our equivalent of the NRA.

So when I read this https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...lawsuit-texas/ I became that concerned that the do-gooders', tree-huggers, greenoid and paranoid climatoids and anti-gun nuts are trying to undermine our basic rights.

From afar it appears that somebody is trying to take down the NRA. If they succeed then it could happen here.

Please don't let it happen

* doggie *

Current elected climate is to destroy all constitutional rights. Not going to stop until we the people stop it ourselves and right now that is long shot in and of itself.

Dog, I'm with Louis...... WE THE PEOPLE are failing at our job with we the shooters being as culpable as any.

Among shooters ("we don't wanna' talk about it") I see that where we are is in part as follows;

-Ignorance of the laws that stand is rampant ("filling out a 4473 is registration", "mailing guns is illegal", .... this list is looong)

-Feel-goodism is everywhere ("we need to make laws to keep the crazies away from guns")

-Simplistic thought is everywhere, absolute denial of our real problem. We're like alcoholics treating symptoms.

It's worse than you think up here Doghunter, not only is society trying to destroy the NRA, we the so-called "shooters" are intent on destroying it from within!!!

The firmer a stance the NRA adopts, the closer they hew to our Constitution the more resistance they get from within...

Only one person out of thousands will actually read and understand that which our forebears set up for us and of these people the subset who'll AGREE with The Fathers is again, a fraction..... this, to me is the most terrible crime, the belief that "but, times have changed from muskets" and blahh blahhh blahhh. I've fought this fight in my church environment for years, the idea that "times change and things are different now". Again, it's because people don't actually BELIEVE the Biblical laws because "that was then, this is now".

King Solomon said "nothing is new under the sun" but every generation has this deep-seated want to be "different".... to be "unique" and somehow "better" but without doing the work, without gaining an understanding of WHY. The "WHY" is quite simply Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' story being played out ad infinitum. Every generation wants to "mean something"......... without doing the work.

This generation, the generation WE SPAWNED, is no exception. Unfortunately the generation that spawned US, our fathers gave us 'wayy too good a deal. A deal we've passed on to our kids but basically without making them work for it. In just 4 generations we've driven ourselves down off of "The Shining City on the Hill" to writhe blindly in the swamp with the other insects......based in gut insecurity we're letting the childish masses have sway.

And even more blithely, we're giving credence to ignorance. We're rapidly headed back to Jollie Olde England where this whole cycle has been playing out right in front of us my entire life to the point where now, this day the standard of living is so low, the self-reliance so lost, the 'can-do attitude' so GONE that the entire culture spends it's time replaying old Monty Python bits and smiling glassily into the pint telling themselves "it'll be OK".......someday......

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Dog, I'm with Louis...... WE THE PEOPLE are failing at our job with we the shooters being as culpable as any.

Among shooters ("we don't wanna' talk about it") I see that where we are is in part as follows;

-Ignorance of the laws that stand is rampant ("filling out a 4473 is registration", "mailing guns is illegal", .... this list is looong)

-Feel-goodism is everywhere ("we need to make laws to keep the crazies away from guns")

-Simplistic thought is everywhere, absolute denial of our real problem. We're like alcoholics treating symptoms.

It's worse than you think up here Doghunter, not only is society trying to destroy the NRA, we the so-called "shooters" are intent on destroying it from within!!!

The firmer a stance the NRA adopts, the closer they hew to our Constitution the more resistance they get from within...

Only one person out of thousands will actually read and understand that which our forebears set up for us and of these people the subset who'll AGREE with The Fathers is again, a fraction..... this, to me is the most terrible crime, the belief that "but, times have changed from muskets" and blahh blahhh blahhh. I've fought this fight in my church environment for years, the idea that "times change and things are different now". Again, it's because people don't actually BELIEVE the Biblical laws because "that was then, this is now".

King Solomon said "nothing is new under the sun" but every generation has this deep-seated want to be "different".... to be "unique" and somehow "better" but without doing the work, without gaining an understanding of WHY. The "WHY" is quite simply Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' story being played out ad infinitum. Every generation wants to "mean something"......... without doing the work.

This generation, the generation WE SPAWNED, is no exception. Unfortunately the generation that spawned US, our fathers gave us 'wayy too good a deal. A deal we've passed on to our kids but basically without making them work for it. In just 4 generations we've driven ourselves down off of "The Shining City on the Hill" to writhe blindly in the swamp with the other insects......based in gut insecurity we're letting the childish masses have sway.

And even more blithely, we're giving credence to ignorance. We're rapidly headed back to Jollie Olde England where this whole cycle has been playing out right in front of us my entire life to the point where now, this day the standard of living is so low, the self-reliance so lost, the 'can-do attitude' so GONE that the entire culture spends it's time replaying old Monty Python bits and smiling glassily into the pint telling themselves "it'll be OK".......someday......
    Yeah, maybe before we get another of your idiotic rants you should learn some actual freakin facts.
    First I am and have been a member but it does no cause any good to learn after Olliie North left about Wayne LaPierre’s multi million dollar residence or his wife's $5000 hair appointments spent with member dues to name a couple to make any AG actions that much easier.
    It’s disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Yeah, maybe before we get another of your idiotic rants you should learn some actual freakin facts.
    First I am and have been a member but it does no cause any good to learn after Olliie North left about Wayne LaPierre’s multi million dollar residence or his wife's $5000 hair appointments spent with member dues to name a couple to make any AG actions that much easier.
    It’s disgusting.
    thank you

And how might you think that those who are elected into the congress, senate and in governor positions pay to get their hair as well as their families hair done. It surely isn't being done at a Quick Cuts shop. While you are also paying them to destroy your own rights and as we are now heading to becoming just another a third world country. What are you saying or doing to stop it yourself? It has nothing to do with the NRA but us and forcing our elected leadership to keep and to maintain all of our constitutional rights. Then there would be no need for any outside groups trying to do what we the people can already do for ourselves.
    Last edited by Louis.J; 05-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    It’s disgusting.
    Thank you Tim, I appreciate your comments.
    NRA's move to another state was an attempted maneuver to avoid legal matters using loop holes. It appears it will not work. NRA used to be mostly about education and trainning, then it became more about high incomes for a few and a political slush fund. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsplce View Post
    Thank you Tim, I appreciate your comments.
    NRA's move to another state was an attempted maneuver to avoid legal matters using loop holes. It appears it will not work. NRA used to be mostly about education and trainning, then it became more about high incomes for a few and a political slush fund. It's sad.
    See Dawg??

!!!

This guy JOINED THE FORUM just to tell us all how he likes tim and thinks the NRA sucks

Your govt is strange.....

our PEOPLE are strange!

The freakin' SYSTEM still works here.......

We are getting exactly what we've been voting for.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimsplce View Post
    .... NRA used to be mostly about education and trainning, .......
    The fact that you think this is relevant is a large part of the problem. I know, you're sickened by the fact that it's no longer that way.... but the fact you think it's RELEVANT is the problem.

Here.... an article..... one of thousands ...... from which folks on both sides of the aisle can draw inferences and support.

Recognize this?

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/04/nra...erman-mcqueen/

The was probably the most well said thing I've read lately!!!!

dog, i'm with louis...... We the people are failing at our job with we the shooters being as culpable as any.

Among shooters ("we don't wanna' talk about it") i see that where we are is in part as follows;

-ignorance of the laws that stand is rampant ("filling out a 4473 is registration", "mailing guns is illegal", .... This list is looong)

-feel-goodism is everywhere ("we need to make laws to keep the crazies away from guns")

-simplistic thought is everywhere, absolute denial of our real problem. We're like alcoholics treating symptoms.

It's worse than you think up here doghunter, not only is society trying to destroy the nra, we the so-called "shooters" are intent on destroying it from within!!!

The firmer a stance the nra adopts, the closer they hew to our constitution the more resistance they get from within...

Only one person out of thousands will actually read and understand that which our forebears set up for us and of these people the subset who'll agree with the fathers is again, a fraction..... This, to me is the most terrible crime, the belief that "but, times have changed from muskets" and blahh blahhh blahhh. I've fought this fight in my church environment for years, the idea that "times change and things are different now". Again, it's because people don't actually believe the biblical laws because "that was then, this is now".

King solomon said "nothing is new under the sun" but every generation has this deep-seated want to be "different".... To be "unique" and somehow "better" but without doing the work, without gaining an understanding of why. The "why" is quite simply mary shelley's 'frankenstein' story being played out ad infinitum. Every generation wants to "mean something"......... Without doing the work.

This generation, the generation we spawned, is no exception. Unfortunately the generation that spawned us, our fathers gave us 'wayy too good a deal. A deal we've passed on to our kids but basically without making them work for it. In just 4 generations we've driven ourselves down off of "the shining city on the hill" to writhe blindly in the swamp with the other insects......based in gut insecurity we're letting the childish masses have sway.

And even more blithely, we're giving credence to ignorance. We're rapidly headed back to jollie olde england where this whole cycle has been playing out right in front of us my entire life to the point where now, this day the standard of living is so low, the self-reliance so lost, the 'can-do attitude' so gone that the entire culture spends it's time replaying old monty python bits and smiling glassily into the pint telling themselves "it'll be ok".......someday......
    well said!
    Last edited by chriscovell; 05-24-2021 at 04:53 PM. Reason: SPELLING

What is really unfortunate is those who will not pay to keep their own Constitutional rights. Feel their is absolutely nothing wrong with having others paying it for them while they just sit there and continue to Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by doghunter View Post
    OK, I am in Australia but I follow the news as our SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) is our equivalent of the NRA.

So when I read this https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...lawsuit-texas/ I became that concerned that the do-gooders', tree-huggers, greenoid and paranoid climatoids and anti-gun nuts are trying to undermine our basic rights.

From afar it appears that somebody is trying to take down the NRA. If they succeed then it could happen here.

* doggie *
    IIRC the NYAG has openly admitted that she intends to take down the NRA if she can.

Quote Originally Posted by doghunter View Post

* doggie *

See???

We're like 6-yrolds in a sandbox up here.... same deal in the hunting community. The traditional wood guys badmouth the AR guys. The rifle hunters bag all over the bowhunters and vice versa and they both gang up on the muzzle-loader hunters.... and don't even START with the crossbow guys and the pistol guys and the trad-bow guys....

The only folks everybody still thinks is cool is the big bore airgun guys.

I'm waiting for people to wake up and realize just how fragile our hold is! And how the fact that "I like walnut better than plastic" and the fact that "Wayne LaPierre makes more money than me" are irrelevancies.

See???

"Wayne LaPierre makes more money than me" is irrelevant

for sure

Our government here in Australia are a bit strange.

They pick up on trends from overseas (Britain and the US of A) and come up with a mix of rules from both with a few twists as they don't have any original ideas.

Back in 1976 we had a certified idiot whom still managed to acquire a few semi-automatic weapons and devastated a place named Port Arthur in Tasmania.

The result was a knee jerk reaction by a prime minister (John Howard) who was desperate to be re-elected. The idiot even wore a bullet proof jacket to an election rally to show to the media...............

At the end of the day my son's rabbit hunting Ruger 10-22 was destroyed, At least I removed the scope and the laser.

This is a linky to a report, but it appears to be written by an anti https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback so take it at face value.

* doggie *