Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Next turning case holder

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    239

    Next turning case holder

    Iíve got a Forster neck turning ďkitĒ and find the plastic/nylon tool they supply just doesnít cut it for me. Either Iím doing it all wrong or the tool just allows the case to slip about 25% of the time. Iím to the point of searching for a reliable replacement or, instructions on how to get a simply clamp device to do its job and grip.
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Iíve got a Forster neck turning ďkitĒ and find the plastic/nylon tool they supply just doesnít cut it for me. Either Iím doing it all wrong or the tool just allows the case to slip about 25% of the time. Iím to the point of searching for a reliable replacement or, instructions on how to get a simply clamp device to do its job and grip.
    Any suggestions?
    There are a handful of holders that are basically a shelll-holder with a center post that tightens against the brass - they're a pretty good balance of secure grip, and easy change. K&M and others make them.

    Hope that helps,

    GsT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,301
    Throw em all away and use a cordless drill....

    Later
    Dave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    320

    ........

    *1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by ray porter View Post
    *1
    How ya doing Ray. Going to St Louis?

    Later
    Dave

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    320
    howdy Dave.
    yes i plan on st louis-but of course i planned on going to the shamrock, too, and could not.
    luck
    ray

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post
    Throw em all away and use a cordless drill....

    Later
    Dave
    Are you chucking directly on the brass?

    GsT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    Are you chucking directly on the brass?

    GsT
    ???
    Same question

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Kersey CO
    Posts
    26

    Case holder

    Cordless drill with 1/2 in keyless chuck holds 6ppc or 308 cases

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Kersey CO
    Posts
    26
    Put the case in just like a drill bit holds case without slipping

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,301
    Yes, directly on brass.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    320
    Mickey Coleman gave the tip to me long ago.
    been doing it ever since.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    441

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Koyotekaller View Post
    Put the case in just like a drill bit holds case without slipping
    +1

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post
    Yes, directly on brass.....
    Thank you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    577
    i think the 21st century case holders are good.
    in a lathe or drill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •