Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please, please, please, use your real name.

Please, please, please, use your real name.

That lets readers know you are shooting and how you did.

have the guts to do so.

Why?????? It adds more intrigue, Right, this sounds like a disagreement, but you are right!!!!!!!!!!!.

I do but I also don't blame those who won't and have lost their trust in thier own government.

Added name

Well I think I did mine sorta.

The Government

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    I do but I also don't blame those who won't and have lost their trust in thier own government.

knows everything about everybody so there is no point thinking otherwise. It's silly to think otherwise.
    Pete

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    knows everything about everybody so there is no point thinking otherwise. It's silly to think otherwise.
    Pete
    use your home computer and you think you are isolated and anonymous? Think again.

Cool please use your real name

The only government I trust is my 45-70 Government!

Some folks still like to have their own privacy. And probably more so as not to invite the thieves to come and steal what you have. And the firearms related to the shooting sports that are being shared on this site.

45-70

Yes, those 30 govt. werent any good.

Quote Originally Posted by lngrng View Post
    The only government I trust is my 45-70 Government!
    LOL Mark, that's awesome

gonna' STEAL that, me

so did "30 government" apply to the precursor of 30'06 or
    to 30'06 as well ?
    seem i have seen some ammo boxes of 30'06 marked "governement"

Jerry,
    I have read your posts over the years asking for people to use their real names on these forums, and, while I understand your desire to know who is posting and connect them with a match list, there is a reason why many don't: it was how we were taught in school when learning about the internet.
    Never use your real name, don't give out your credit card information, don't click on any links from people you don't know, don't take candy from strangers or hop into unmarked panel vans with a guy who asks what clothing size you wear (it puts the lotion in the basket).
    When connected with my business/profession I will use my real name, but this is my hobby/sport and I want to keep it separate.
    I don't want my name easily searchable by my clients - not that I am ashamed one bit about my hobby, I just want to keep it separate from my professional life. By using my real name as my forum name any post I make becomes easily searchable by anyone. I realize that those that want to find me and my information will do so I just don't want to make that easy for them.

If that makes anyone less "gutsy" as you imply, then I might ask you to try to understand a different perspective.

Mike
    Last edited by savet06; 04-18-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Many of us

Quote Originally Posted by savet06 View Post
    Jerry,
    I have read your posts over the years asking for people to use their real names on these forums, and, while I understand your desire to know who is posting and connect them with a match list, there is a reason why many don't: it was how we were taught in school when learning about the internet.
    Never use your real name, don't give out your credit card information, don't click on any links from people you don't know, don't take candy from strangers or hop into unmarked panel vans with a guy who asks what clothing size you wear (it puts the lotion in the basket).
    When connected with my business/profession I will use my real name, but this is my hobby/sport and I want to keep it separate.
    I don't want my name easily searchable by my clients - not that I am ashamed one bit about my hobby, I just want to keep it separate from my professional life. By using my real name as my forum name any post I make becomes easily searchable by anyone. I realize that those that want to find me and my information will do so I just don't want to make that easy for them.

If that makes anyone less "gutsy" as you imply, then I might ask you to try to understand a different perspective.

Mike
    did not grow up in a world of computers. There were no computers in my world until the Commodore we go to rate Auto insurance in the middle or late 80's so there are two worlds of people here, mebby more. Not to disagree with what you have said but there is another side to this.

Pete

Very well said and everyone does have an individual right to their own privacy.