Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Australian 322

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    65

    Australian 322

    Hello All I am beginning to work on a jug of 322 Australian 39288 50026. I would appreciate any load suggestions you have. What is the hot end for a 68 gr. Boat tail 7/10 ogive? Is it temperature sensitive? Thank You for any feedback. I would like to know the date is was made? 13.5 twist

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    86

    Some questions for you

    Quote Originally Posted by chaymbrd View Post
    Hello All I am beginning to work on a jug of 322 Australian 39288 50026. I would appreciate any load suggestions you have. What is the hot end for a 68 gr. Boat tail 7/10 ogive? Is it temperature sensitive? Thank You for any feedback. I would like to know the date is was made? 13.5 twist
    Is this Australian manufactured H-322? And is this for a 6PPC with a .237 bore? WD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    65

    322

    Yes this is H-322 manufactured in Australia and packaged in USA by Hogedon. Mchael

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    564
    you still have not identified the CARTRIDGE and twist

    Quote Originally Posted by chaymbrd View Post
    Yes this is H-322 manufactured in Australia and packaged in USA by Hogedon. Mchael

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Eastern Australia
    Posts
    244
    Your H-322 is re-packaged ADI AR2219 http://www.adi-powders.com.au/powder-equivalents/ Some suggested loads are shown here http://www.adi-powders.com.au/rifle/6mm-ppc

    Most ADI powders are very temperature stable as our military have a requirement to work in environments ranging from below 0C to over 45C.

    I visited the factory when I was a member of the ADF, they have a lot of smart boffins working there.

    * doggie *

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    65

    322

    Quote Originally Posted by doghunter View Post
    Your H-322 is re-packaged ADI AR2219 http://www.adi-powders.com.au/powder-equivalents/ Some suggested loads are shown here http://www.adi-powders.com.au/rifle/6mm-ppc

    Most ADI powders are very temperature stable as our military have a requirement to work in environments ranging from below 0C to over 45C.

    I visited the factory when I was a member of the ADF, they have a lot of smart boffins working there.

    * doggie *
    It is a 6ppc in a 13.5 twist bartlien barrel

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    104

    H322

    Quote Originally Posted by chaymbrd View Post
    Hello All I am beginning to work on a jug of 322 Australian 39288 50026. I would appreciate any load suggestions you have. What is the hot end for a 68 gr. Boat tail 7/10 ogive? Is it temperature sensitive? Thank You for any feedback. I would like to know the date is was made? 13.5 twist
    28.5 to 29.2 (some batches will be hot at 29.6 roughly ie Just wont shoot any good at all

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    86

    There

    are quite a few that use H322 around here. With a 68gr bullet such as you mentioned in your original post, the ones who use it usually start around 27.5 grains and work up to around 28.0-28.2grains. As far as temperature stability goes, it is an extreme powder from Hodgdon, for what that is worth. I've seen it pretty stable around here until the temperature gets above 80-85*. If you're from Sacramento your climate is different than ours so let it suffice to say it's worth a try. JME. FWIW. WD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •