Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my second dose

Figure both the wife and I had the "plague thing" back in late November or December of 2019. Lasted about a month. Not real bad but enough to remember having it. The wife had swelling neck glands so was concerned. Went to the Dr. Dr. said, some kind of a virus, live with it a bit longer. (she was already on the mend) Within a week, both of us good to go.
    Pretty good medical conditions for both of us. Not sure if we'll get the shot or not.
    Eldest Daughter (an RN) get a flu shot OR wear a mask all day at work. (she does administrative work)
    Got a flu shot and was sick for a week!!!
    Me get a vaccine shot???? Don't even do flu shots so not really sure. Stand in line and hope I get a shot before they ruin out???

Vaccine centers

Book the number of people on any one day based on the vaccine supply they have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    Figure both the wife and I had the "plague thing" back in late November or December of 2019. Lasted about a month. Not real bad but enough to remember having it. The wife had swelling neck glands so was concerned. Went to the Dr. Dr. said, some kind of a virus, live with it a bit longer. (she was already on the mend) Within a week, both of us good to go.
    Pretty good medical conditions for both of us. Not sure if we'll get the shot or not.
    Eldest Daughter (an RN) get a flu shot OR wear a mask all day at work. (she does administrative work)
    Got a flu shot and was sick for a week!!!
    Me get a vaccine shot???? Don't even do flu shots so not really sure. Stand in line and hope I get a shot before they ruin out???
    So did you pas this condition on to anyone else during the time you had it?

I had something of a cold the last half of Feb 2020. I usually get one a year. Wife said she had a lot of the symptoms of COVID-09 around that time. I went to a coin show last weekend of Feb still having a cold. That would have been something of a superspreader event with mostly older folks. I don't recall there ever being any indication of cases being in the county so IF I had it I could have unknowingly passed it on to someone else. Pretty sure that neither of us had it.

When we went into the Dr's. office, the gals behind the desk were hacking and coughing. I mentioned that they had the same crap we had.
    We had some of the same symptoms of the virus.
    Feeling pretty crappy kept us pretty close to home so not much of a chance of passing it around.
    And about the same time, other family members got the same thing.
    Anywhere from 300 miles south east of us, (Sac area) 300 miles north (Eureka) and 1500 miles to the east. (MN)
    There was CRAP going around but at the time, but nobody knew what it was.
    Dr. said some kind of a virus and you'll have to live with it a bit longer. I guess it was Trump's fault? Can't say CHINA. That would be racist.
    Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 02-14-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunermi View Post
    I had both vaccine shots with no side effects. However, it is not known if
    we have to get the vaccine every year due to mutations of the virus.
    The common cold is caused by a Coronavirus.
    It is very unstable.
    Looks like Covid19 might be similar.

There are

Quote Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
    The common cold is caused by a Coronavirus.
    It is very unstable.
    Looks like Covid19 might be similar.
    more than 200 viri that cause the "common cold". A virus mutates, just like us and all the other species in existence. Viri just do it much faster, like insects.

As FDR once said

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. There have been millions of people vaccinated now and no widespread deaths associated with the vaccine. Having received all the vaccines I did when I was in the military, I have never been reluctant to keep receiving it. I'm 76 and still telling the story. Go get the vaccine.

Pete

Got my second dose of the Moderna this morning. No reaction so far, but I'm taking Monday off just in case (and for my anniversary too).

Big article by some Doc in the WSJ the other day saying that the infection rate in the U.S. is likely around 75 percent now due to asymptomatic cases, and that, plus all the vaccinations should pretty well knock the virus way down by April. I hope he's right. I want to go out to eat for my birthday (late May).

My work tells me that we're never going back to the office. That's a real hit because that's where most of my friends are. I told them I'll probably retire on August 31. There's not much satisfaction in the work anymore. Besides, I've got a lot of shooting to do.

We never stopped

going out to eat and seemed to have walked through the pandemic so far. We wear masks coming and going but once seated, take our masks off and enjoy. I should have immunity in another week according to what I've read and been told; 98. something percent they say. I competed most of last summer without using a mask when shooting and most of the time at matches without issue. I'm pleased to be where I'm at.

Pete

So, I felt pretty good all day yesterday but got up in the night to pee and hurt all over. Finally had to take two extra-strength Tylenol to get back to sleep. This morning, had two more rounds of that plus an Aleve and felt good enough for a two mile walk. When I got back, I started fooling with seating depth measurements in my .264 Win Mag. I guess bending over the gun didn't suit my back and it started to seize up and hurt a lot. A nap and a hot shower fixed that mostly. I feel mostly OK now, but I'll keep the Tylenol handy.

I'll do without someone else can have mine .

Sheep

So, the other day, our 'leader' told us that 500,000 have passed from complications from Covid. EVERY YEAR 650,000 people die from heart disease. What's the big deal??? Shut down the economy, close schools for a year, and spend money that our grandchildren cannot possibly payoff. what is the upside to this???

covid shot

Got my 2nd. shot yesterday. Feel a little draggy but o.k. It got an old friend of mine. He had a weak heart. I think if youve got something wrong with ya, it will finish you off. So being a cripple, I aint takin no chances. Doug

Youd likely feel different

Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    So, the other day, our 'leader' told us that 500,000 have passed from complications from Covid. EVERY YEAR 650,000 people die from heart disease. What's the big deal??? Shut down the economy, close schools for a year, and spend money that our grandchildren cannot possibly payoff. what is the upside to this???
    if someone close to you morted from it. It's a real for sure killer but only 10 percent or so; the very old and minorities make up the bulk of those who die from it. I'm sure you've heard all of that before. Likely the same number will die from Heart disease again this year and I don't think their numbers are correct for Covid 19 but it will and does kill some people.

Pete

Got my second Pfizer dose and got sicker than the first time. Three days later back to my normal POST COVID level, so I still have some residual problems from having had COVID, but it didn't kill me. Alive to Shoot Another Day!

Bob