Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: A hopeful sign?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    2,273

    A hopeful sign?

    My local store had about 80,000 Federal 210 large rifle primers this morning.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    682
    Sportsmans Warehouse here has a limit of 2 boxes of ammo per caliber. Lots of 270 Win, 7 mag, 25-06 ammo on the shelves. Nobody wants it apparently. If they had 6.5 Manbun one could probably double his money.

    Pretty risky to ship stuff now I expect, esp. via the USPS. Picture borrowed showing a USPS facility in Somewhere, U.S.A.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    701
    i have a package going to bat machine.
    usps 2 DAY flat rate
    sent last sat.
    on a truck last sat.
    NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
    ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....
    IT COULD HAVE WALKED BY NOW.
    and usps has the crappiest "customer service" in the world.
    when they call back there will be NO INFORMATION on the location of the package or the trailer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northshore
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    i have a package going to bat machine.
    usps 2 DAY flat rate
    sent last sat.
    on a truck last sat.
    NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
    ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....
    IT COULD HAVE WALKED BY NOW.
    and usps has the crappiest "customer service" in the world.
    when they call back there will be NO INFORMATION on the location of the package or the trailer.
    Ain't none of this new. It is the new norm..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    701
    well i ship on a regular basis..
    this is not normal to loose a package for 5 days
    Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    Ain't none of this new. It is the new norm..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    well i ship on a regular basis..
    this is not normal to loose a package for 5 days
    Maybe not, but I've had three packages disappear in the last two weeks. All three reappeared 3-4 days later. They might reach their destination 7-10 days and should have been 2-3. I'm guess glad they have reappeared at all. I mail packages daily and I can normally go 8-10 months with no problems.

    Rick

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    351

    It's certainly not the norm...

    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    well i ship on a regular basis..
    this is not normal to loose a package for 5 days
    ...but I've had it happen to me, and everything worked out in the end (package 'found' and delivered). With any luck you'll get the same result, albeit a bit later than you would have liked.

    GsT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    My local store had about 80,000 Federal 210 large rifle primers this morning.

    Is there a web site to buy some ?

    Thanks JR

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lower Dakota Territory
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Reisdorff View Post
    Is there a web site to buy some ? Thanks JR
    Jerry, they were gone that day. The good news is that 80 people got some! -Al

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    i have a package going to bat machine.
    usps 2 DAY flat rate
    sent last sat.
    on a truck last sat.
    NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
    ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....
    IT COULD HAVE WALKED BY NOW.
    and usps has the crappiest "customer service" in the world.
    when they call back there will be NO INFORMATION on the location of the package or the trailer.
    JEEZE LOUISE! You expect them to know where in a trailer your package is?

    Everything is slow because of holiday volume and they are short of help due to COVID and people quitting. For the most part I've had pretty good service.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    701
    duh
    they know what trailer a package put in.
    or what airplane ground or air for priority mail

    ( i use to work in usps, specifically PRIORITY MAIL)
    no update on a package location for SEVEN days is abnormal.

    on the east coast in a snow storm. maybe, but this is a straight shot from phoenix to idaho.
    as it is the trailer went to seatle first...most likely it got put on the wrong trailer
    ( a lot of priority goes on planes, the long delay says this went by truck).

    Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    JEEZE LOUISE! You expect them to know where in a trailer your package is?

    Everything is slow because of holiday volume and they are short of help due to COVID and people quitting. For the most part I've had pretty good service.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,862

    I checked Powder Valley

    the other evening and lo and behold they had 8# jugs of H4198. I texted a couple of friends who needed some and both got one jug that evening. The next morning PV was sold out. Man, you just gotta keep checking and buy when you find it or someone else will.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,862

    On and off

    I have had problems with USPS shipping long guns. My last episode was 2 years ago when I wanted to ship a shotgun to a repair shop in NY. The lady behind the counter asked me what was in the package and I told her. She said you can't ship that USPS. I said yes I can..its a long gun going to a FFL shop for repair. I can send it and receive it when done. She said no you can't. I told her she was wrong and please consult your supervisor. She did and came back and said I can ship it only if its broken down. It was and I told her so, but even the supervisor didn't know what is ok firearms shipping wise.

    I have solved that problem.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    duh
    they know what trailer a package put in.
    or what airplane ground or air for priority mail

    ( i use to work in usps, specifically PRIORITY MAIL)
    no update on a package location for SEVEN days is abnormal.

    on the east coast in a snow storm. maybe, but this is a straight shot from phoenix to idaho.
    as it is the trailer went to seatle first...most likely it got put on the wrong trailer
    ( a lot of priority goes on planes, the long delay says this went by truck).
    Yeah, they know what trailer it's in.Once it's dumped at a location like the pic I posted good luck. Since you used to work there is a delivery route [with exchange stops] coded in the tracking number? If I send a package from Ames to Apostrophe, Montana, do they know by which route it' supposed to go. What irks me is that route folks seem to have quit scanning in items at pickup. Mayhaps they took their scanners away.

    Someone somewhere else once opined that for registered mail they kinda don't want you to know where it is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    701
    actually registered is hand carried from container to container..it is know every step of the way.
    a registered mail is very seldom( like never) "lost"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •