Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: was creighton audette a br shooter ?

Creighton Audette

...old thread. But I thought I'd add something for the record.
    What is now commonly called a Ladder Test or Audette Test was not "invented" by Creighton Audette. In one of his articles he writes that it was shared with him by a benchrest shooting friend in California and he referred to it as the "20 shot method". As used by Audette, it was shot at 300 yards with a scope off a front bag, but off his shoulder prone in early morning, windless conditions. Audette as a highpower competitor probably had someone in the pits marking shot numbers.
    Other's over the years have used variations such as ILD (Randolph's Incremental Load Development Method) where a chrono at 100 or 200 yds was substituted for POI changes that were not as discernable at short range, or OCW where three shots at a given charge were used instead of one.

I think the beauty of the 20 shot method is the simplicity of a minimum number of shots that satisfied the high standards of one of the most critically thinking shooters of our generation.

please do not mention ocw when talking about precision rifle loading.
    it is a round robin joke as most have no clue about wind nor flags.
    it is shooting 3 shot groups not a single shot ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
    ...old thread. But I thought I'd add something for the record.
    What is now commonly called a Ladder Test or Audette Test was not "invented" by Creighton Audette. In one of his articles he writes that it was shared with him by a benchrest shooting friend in California and he referred to it as the "20 shot method". As used by Audette, it was shot at 300 yards with a scope off a front bag, but off his shoulder prone in early morning, windless conditions. Audette as a highpower competitor probably had someone in the pits marking shot numbers.
    Other's over the years have used variations such as ILD (Randolph's Incremental Load Development Method) where a chrono at 100 or 200 yds was substituted for POI changes that were not as discernable at short range, or OCW where three shots at a given charge were used instead of one.

I think the beauty of the 20 shot method is the simplicity of a minimum number of shots that satisfied the high standards of one of the most critically thinking shooters of our generation.

Creighton Audette

LOL! No argument from here there!

Creighton audette

FOR ALL YOU FOLKS THAT WANT THE AUDETTE STORY HERE YA GO.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

http://freepdfhosting.com/bd7fee7eed.pdf

OR

COPY AND PASTE THE LINK ABOVE DOWNLOAD AND SAVE.

I WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE KNOWN CREIGHTON AND ABLE TO TEST HIS THEORIES INDOORS WITH A RAIL GUN. BEFORE HE PASSED AWAY HE SENT ME THE REMAINING CASE CHECKERS HE HAD LEFT IN HIS INVENTORY AND SAID "I WAS THE ONLY BENCHREST SHOOTER THAT APPRECIATED HIS EFFORT INTO CASE SELECTION FOR ACCURACY!" I CAN TELL YOU THIS FOR SURE "IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!"

KEEP'EM SMALL,
    SPEEDY GONZALEZ
    Last edited by speedygonzalez; 11-08-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedygonzalez View Post

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

OR

I WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE KNOWN CREIGHTON AND ABLE TO TEST HIS THEORIES INDOORS WITH A RAIL GUN. BEFORE HE PASSED AWAY HE SENT ME THE REMAINING CASE CHECKERS HE HAD LEFT IN HIS INVENTORY AND SAID "I WAS THE ONLY BENCHREST SHOOTER THAT APPRECIATED HIS EFFORT INTO CASE SELECTION FOR ACCURACY!" I CAN TELL YOU THIS FOR SURE "IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!"

KEEP'EM SMALL,
    SPEEDY GONZALEZ
    In that 1986 edition Seely Masker describes the method he uses to break-in a barrel.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

OR

KEEP'EM SMALL,
    SPEEDY GONZALEZ
    Thanks Speedy. Good read.

Audette Articles

That is a pretty cool collection of PS articles. Some by Audette. Some by Gary Anderson et al. Looks like it was compiled by a Highpower Competitor. Thank you for sharing that!

Creighton audette

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    that is a pretty cool collection of ps articles. Some by audette. Some by gary anderson et al. Looks like it was compiled by a highpower competitor. Thank you for sharing that!
    Those articles are part of my library. I have one of the most extensive libraries that deals with accuracy and precision shooting both in digital format and analog. I am always happy to share when I see interest on an issue that has not much in written form for shooters to read about!

Keep'em Small,
    Speedy Gonzalez

Experience by itself teaches nothing... Without theory, experience has no meaning. Without theory, one has no questions to ask. Hence, without theory, there is no learning.???

Those articles are part of my library. I have one of the most extensive libraries that deals with accuracy and precision shooting both in digital format and analog. I am always happy to share when I see interest on an issue that has not much in written form for shooters to read about!

Keep'em Small,
    Speedy Gonzalez

Experience by itself teaches nothing... Without theory, experience has no meaning. Without theory, one has no questions to ask. Hence, without theory, there is no learning.???
    Thank you for the link!