Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 152

Thread: Rimfire Benchrest rifles (Calfee SPEC rifles)

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I commend Larry for his hard work and effort, and it certainly shows. He told me himself that he literally shoots a brick of ammo every day. That's a level of commitment that's not possible for most people and one of envy to the few that can even claim that much desire, much less the time and money to do so. It's hard to outward anyone willing and able to do what he does. If he continues to do that, he'll stay at the top until he dies or gets bored with it. He works harder and travels more than anyone I've ever known. I commend him for that, for sure. If anyone wants to know how you win at benchrest, he's THE example for what it takes. He may re-write the record books in short order.
    I believe he already has set new records starting last year with the most cards in a year. I remember Larry saying when a lot drops a shot for a 50, he puts that aside and goes on to the next. he also told me when he sees a shooter at a match fiddling with the tuner on his rifle, he knows he got them.
    he is of the set and forget shooters.

    Lee

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    81

    General Lee

    I just read on RFA that Larry picked up another Calfee rifle, General Lee....

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
    I believe he already has set new records starting last year with the most cards in a year. I remember Larry saying when a lot drops a shot for a 50, he puts that aside and goes on to the next. he also told me when he sees a shooter at a match fiddling with the tuner on his rifle, he knows he got them.
    he is of the set and forget shooters.

    Lee
    That's another subject. Changing lots is like changing loads...well, exactly like changing loads. Isn't that exactly how cf shooters all tuned before tuners became popular in cf?

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    That's another subject. Changing lots is like changing loads...well, exactly like changing loads. Isn't that exactly how cf shooters all tuned before tuners became popular in cf?
    Nope he does it because it didn't meet the standards to do what he is doing. if it failed duirng testing it may do it during a match. nothing to do with tuning,
    you can keep pushing that adjusting a tuner for a lot of ammo is what is the correct thing to do but if a rifle can shoot the way Paladin can it would be foolish to adjust the tuner to compensate for a lot that didn't meet the standards of lots that did. all you are doing is masking the performance of an inferior lot.

    Lee

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
    Nope he does it because it didn't meet the standards to do what he is doing. if it failed duirng testing it may do it during a match. nothing to do with tuning,
    you can keep pushing that adjusting a tuner for a lot of ammo is what is the correct thing to do but if a rifle can shoot the way Paladin can it would be foolish to adjust the tuner to compensate for a lot that didn't meet the standards of lots that did. all you are doing is masking the performance of an inferior lot.

    Lee
    You're following me around trying to start crap but you're not arguing with me...you're arguing with physics. It's not my fault you don't have enough sense to know that. I've tried.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    You're following me around trying to start crap but you're not arguing with me...you're arguing with physics. It's not my fault you don't have enough sense to know that. I've tried.
    Wow you sure are full of yourself follow you nope never did and never will. argue with you nope just pointing out facts. Paladin must be defying physics!

    Lee

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
    Wow you sure are full of yourself follow you nope never did and never will. argue with you nope just pointing out facts. Paladin must be defying physics!

    Lee
    You keep missing my point. Testing new lots is the exact same as testing new loads. I don't know why that's hard to comprehend. If you're not following me around, why do you reply to my posts on just about every forum? Full of myself? No, just pointing out the obvious. Lee, just do you, whatever works for you and don't pay any attention to my posts. That'd be great! Bet ya can't do it, though?

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    You keep missing my point. Testing new lots is the exact same as testing new loads. I don't know why that's hard to comprehend. If you're not following me around, why do you reply to my posts on just about every forum? Full of myself? No, just pointing out the obvious. Lee, just do you, whatever works for you and don't pay any attention to my posts. That'd be great! Bet ya can't do it, though?
    Probably for the same reason, every time the word “ tuner” gets posted you seem compelled to post your usual bulls..t, which would be fine If you actually shot RFBR and could prove it to the class there Mikey.
    If this was a fight your trainer would be throwing in the towel.
    You keep insisting CF & RF exactly the same……baloney.
    I’m Mike E….I ‘ve sold hundreds of tuners. They must be like Sasquatch’s , cause nobody has ever seen one on a competitive gun.
    Last edited by tim; 07-20-2022 at 03:37 PM.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Probably for the same reason, every time the word “ tuner” gets posted you seem compelled to post your usual bulls..t, which would be fine If you actually shot RFBR and could prove it to the class there Mikey.
    If this was a fight your trainer would be throwing in the towel.
    You keep insisting CF & RF exactly the same……baloney.
    I’m Mike E….I ‘ve sold hundreds of tuners. They must be like Sasquatch’s , cause nobody has ever seen one on a competitive gun.
    Are you two dating? I'm not the one who brought up tuners, except to say, didn't cf guys tune by changing the load before many started using tuners.

    Here's how I see you and your boyfriend...I spend a lot of time explaining how tuners work and my method for making them work. I back it up with actual science , physics and with results. You and your boyfriend say I'm wrong but neither back it up with anything other than a small group and "my other boyfriend does it a different way, so that's just how it is", nonsense. So, neither of you can explain why your method works, scientifically, nor why mine doesn't. In other words, you don't know or you'd say it. I wish you would. Please, give me something based on physics! I'd love to learn something but you two are definitely not willing to share or you just don't know, so I'm not putting much faith in either of you coming up with anything. You two act like typical libtards and rather than making a case for your point, you try to diminish my credibility. You got nuthin", just nuthin...but two big mouths.

    I don't care either way but Wilbur banned Calfee from posting on here and this thread is a lot of bs copied from his site and posted here, since he can't do it himself. I would've deleted it based on that but I don't care either way about that. I didn't come to either of you. You both came to me. Infatuated and illiterate of the subject describes both of you. If this were a fight, huh? Ok.

    Can't you two just disagree with my posts and move on. I'm not gonna change your minds and you're both too dumb to learn, but surely you can just sit back, laugh and let me be wrong! Nobody is forcing you to do anything.
    Last edited by mwezell; 07-20-2022 at 05:38 PM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    3,194
    Re post tune tweaking??? IR50/50 sporters,Mikey, sporters. All the explanation anybody that actually shoots this needs.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Re post tune tweaking??? IR50/50 sporters,Mikey, sporters. All the explanation anybody that actually shoots this needs.
    Are you dense or dunce, or both? How many times have I related changing loads/lots to moving a tuner? That's the answer you keep acting like I've never told you! You are like talking to a rock and dumber than a box full! You keep bringing up sporters and acting like I haven't answered your question but that is your answer. Changing loads is just like changing lots. You might say, well that lot wasn't good but in reality, maybe it just wasn't in tune with a sporter that you can't move a tuner on. I promise you this much...there is NO magical spot on a tuner or a sporter that shoots everything to it's potential. And that's based on science, not some theoretical bs or a single small group. Rather, it's the result of vibration analysis testing and real world targets. So, where is your explanation of why I'm wrong OR where you are right? Still got nothing? You never have offered anything so why would that change now? I'd bet it won't but you'll just run me down with no explanation that agrees with science as to why. Same goes for why you'd be right...You have zero explanation for your own claim, regardless of mine. Forgive me but I call bs! You've not once offered anything to prove your point nor disprove mine. Same for your boyfriend! All either of you can do is badmouth me without anything scientific to base it own. Please, again, give me something...anything that is scientific to help me learn. Stop saying I haven't answered you. I did in this and many posts on just about every forum. My answer hasn't changed...look it up. You're just sooo far lost that you don't even recognize the answer staring you in the face, in plain english because you don't understand the first thing about tuners...nada! You don't even look at my posts with an open mind, but only to argue.

    I would truly appreciate qualified conversation but you and Lee both fail with that one stipulation. You can't tell anybody why you're right and you can't tell anybody why I'm wrong either. That explains it all. It means you don't know squat! At least take a position that you can back up with science or you're just an idiot looking to cause trouble. I think they call you a troll. These posts get far more attention than you can troll up because you are a known trouble maker wherever you go and you go without any facts to support your case. Basically, you just suck at this.

    Nevertheless, I can back up what I claim and I do just that. You and your girlfriend have nothing to offer because you don't know what you're talking about..period.
    Last edited by mwezell; 07-20-2022 at 08:34 PM.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post


    Are you dense or dunce, or both? How many times have I related changing loads/lots to moving a tuner? That's the answer you keep acting like I've never told you! You are like talking to a rock and dumber than a box full! You keep bringing up sporters and acting like I haven't answered your question but that is your answer. Changing loads is just like changing lots. You might say, well that lot wasn't good but in reality, maybe it just wasn't in tune with a sporter that you can't move a tuner on. I promise you this much...there is NO magical spot on a tuner or a sporter that shoots everything to it's potential. And that's based on science, not some theoretical bs or a single small group. Rather, it's the result of vibration analysis testing and real world targets. So, where is your explanation of why I'm wrong OR where you are right? Still got nothing? You never have offered anything so why would that change now? I'd bet it won't but you'll just run me down with no explanation that agrees with science as to why. Same goes for why you'd be right...You have zero explanation for your own claim, regardless of mine. Forgive me but I call bs! You've not once offered anything to prove your point nor disprove mine. Same for your boyfriend! All either of you can do is badmouth me without anything scientific to base it own. Please, again, give me something...anything that is scientific to help me learn. Stop saying I haven't answered you. I did in this and many posts on just about every forum. My answer hasn't changed...look it up. You're just sooo far lost that you don't even recognize the answer staring you in the face, in plain english because you don't understand the first thing about tuners...nada! You don't even look at my posts with an open mind, but only to argue.

    I would truly appreciate qualified conversation but you and Lee both fail with that one stipulation. You can't tell anybody why you're right and you can't tell anybody why I'm wrong either. That explains it all. It means you don't know squat! At least take a position that you can back up with science or you're just an idiot looking to cause trouble. I think they call you a troll. These posts get far more attention than you can troll up because you are a known trouble maker wherever you go and you go without any facts to support your case. Basically, you just suck at this.

    Nevertheless, I can back up what I claim and I do just that. You and your girlfriend have nothing to offer because you don't know what you're talking about..period.
    Ok back up what you say go shoot some RFBR matches ARA or ir50 prove to everyone that those who do shoot and not touch the tuner are all wrong!
    can't get to the matches Sniper hide has a postal match go shoot that and post your scores there.

    Mr. Parsons just agg. 2391 in a match in Nebraska under some unfavorable conditions. you going to tell him he is wrong in not adjusting the tuner on Paladin when a lot won't shoot to his standards. after he gets up off the ground from rolling around laughing at you, I sure would like to hear what he tells you!

    Go back to CF where you know what you are doing. until you start shooting RFBR you aren't going to convince those who know.

    Lee

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
    Ok back up what you say go shoot some RFBR matches ARA or ir50 prove to everyone that those who do shoot and not touch the tuner are all wrong!
    can't get to the matches Sniper hide has a postal match go shoot that and post your scores there.

    Mr. Parsons just agg. 2391 in a match in Nebraska under some unfavorable conditions. you going to tell him he is wrong in not adjusting the tuner on Paladin when a lot won't shoot to his standards. after he gets up off the ground from rolling around laughing at you, I sure would like to hear what he tells you!

    Go back to CF where you know what you are doing. until you start shooting RFBR you aren't going to convince those who know.

    Lee
    I have shot Ara and psl but you're avoiding my question. Just give ONE PIECE OF scientific evidence to supports your position or denies mine. Let's not lose track here. You know nothing..period. Simply put, you are illiterate of this subject and again, you're trying to deflect the question rather than giving anything you can scientically support, because you're fos. That simple.
    Last edited by mwezell; 07-20-2022 at 10:06 PM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I have shot Ara and psl but you're avoiding my question. Just give ONE PIECE OF scientific evidence to supports your position or denies mine. Let's not lose track here. You know nothing..period. Simply put, you are illiterate of this subject and again, you're trying to deflect the question rather than giving anything you can scientically support, because you're fos. That simple.
    You sound like that Fauci guy, and all the others listen to the science BS. I may be illiterate but I know how to read my scores so that is all I care about.

    No matter how much science you know you will never disprove Bill Calfee plain and simple you have no record on shooting, building and tuning a RFBR rifle.
    I know it really bothers you that all the scientific knowledge you have and you can't build or tune a rifle that could prove Mr. Calfee wrong. that's life live with it.

    Lee

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
    You sound like that Fauci guy, and all the others listen to the science BS. I may be illiterate but I know how to read my scores so that is all I care about.

    No matter how much science you know you will never disprove Bill Calfee plain and simple you have no record on shooting, building and tuning a RFBR rifle.
    I know it really bothers you that all the scientific knowledge you have and you can't build or tune a rifle that could prove Mr. Calfee wrong. that's life live with it.

    Lee
    Still no answer..just more gibberish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •