Smoking Berger 105 Hybrids

Worker

Can berger 105 Hybrids be pushed over 3200 fps ? I'm pushing them to 3400 FPS and they group nice at 100yds. Others say they usually blow up before they make 200 yds when pushed above 3200 ?

I run them at 3407 fps (20 shot string) & have never had a problem. I use RL33 in a 6-284. I have used them in matches from 400 - 1,000 yards. Very impressive at 1,000 yards.
Semper Fi

6x284 Re#33

I run them at 3407 fps (20 shot string) & have never had a problem. I use RL33 in a 6-284. I have used them in matches from 400 - 1,000 yards. Very impressive at 1,000 yards.
Semper Fi

Hey that's what I shoot. I also have Re#33 what charge would you suggest I start with ? I have a 30" Brux 8"twist bbl

You guys know this, but in case a new guy reads, velocity isn't the core issue. Jacket separation is core issue. It's generally caused by a combination of things. Like velocity and twist rate. Sometimes rifling profile can be a factor.

You guys know this, but in case a new guy reads, velocity isn't the core issue. Jacket separation is core issue. It's generally caused by a combination of things. Like velocity and twist rate. Sometimes rifling profile can be a factor.

Well I think the core issue is the jacket, not the core. And rpms.... the core will summarily exit the jacket upon reaching an rotational velocity which exceeds the jacket's ability to contain the core.
LOL
al

Back