308 Bear Data

bighorn06

I am picking up a 308 Baer LG in 2 weeks and am looking for load data and any thing else any one wants to say about it. I have read all these forums and not much is said about the 308 Baer. I know that it is quite popular and has been around for awhile so there should be a lot of experience available. Thanks for any input, Mike

Tried R-22 H-4831 -R 25 Go with H-4350 and 210 Burgers Start at 70 grains and go up in 1/2 grain increments, I stopped at 76 Grains won World open for score, 97.5 Use Fed-215 primers. Don't be afraid to back of the lands with the 210 vld's till you get rid of the verticle. believe me it works. You'll never get me in a better mood than tonight just came from a great party.

Joe Salt

Vinny, I purchased it from an individual in PA on the 6mmbr forums and he delivered it to my friend in Williamsport, PA.

Joe Salt, I don't understand the part about (back of the lands). You might explain that real slow for this new commer. Thanks, Mike

Mike
You can use 300 Ackley data in yourt 308 Baer as the only difference is 5 degrees of shoulder angle.Minde likes 76 grains of RE25.
Waterboy aka Lynn

Bighorn06 Sorry I ment [Back off] like I said great party. H-4350 is one of the most consistent powder I've tried.

Joe Salt

11 twist

I have an 11 twist LG. Mine likes (my lot#65013 is at least 5 or 6 years old of RL-25) but this particular gun likes 78 grns. with 210m primer, and .030 off with the 210 Bergers. The last lot of RL-25 I bought for a different gun (338-404 Jefferies) was 100 fps slower so start lower and work up. Of course there is the debate of magnum vs. std.primer. To each his own. Enjoy. Waverly

Back