Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question For The Experts...

Mirage? As in, my scope?

Also, scanning past threads I see that a lot of top competitors were using WD-40 to clean their barrels. Still the case, or has something such as Boomer suggested like Otis 085 CLP become a favorite?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrench View Post
    Also, scanning past threads I see that a lot of top competitors were using WD-40 to clean their barrels. Still the case, or has something such as Boomer suggested like Otis 085 CLP become a favorite?

Thank You.
    I kindly ask you and all members to NOT deviate the topic of this thread to GENERAL and MULTIPLE topics, this thread was created for a very specific purpose and we are still testing and trying to figure out what happened (read first post)...

About your question and with all respect:
    If you like "Fashion and Trends", then use whatever makes you feel good or fashionable or follow whatever top shooters are using...If you want to clean your gun, use ANY good product that will do the job and the list is very broad...Anything from WD-40 to Hopes, Kroil, Ballistol, etc. you can even use Kerosene or detergent and soapy water if nothing else is available...
    It is a fact that top shooters are not winning because of a specific bore cleaner they use...

I used Kerosene followed by soapy water and then plain water for cleaning my hunting guns once...I finished the job with a patch covered with light 3 M oil and then shot 2-3 foulers to season the barrel ...I was hunting in Africa in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing else available to clean a gun...It worked just fine...The cleaner will NOT improve your gun's accuracy nor your shooting abilities, so don't worry much about it.

Note: My only recommendation is that if you are using a Stainless Steel barrel, to stay away from products that contain Ammonia...You don't need Ammonia for an airgun barrel and If you use it and the Ammonia is not fully removed it will pit your SS barrel...

Regards,

AZ
    Last edited by AZUARO; 10-23-2018 at 08:32 PM.

I apologize for pulling this thread off topic. The main reason I did it was because of your reputation as a shooter, and because you were using the same gun I just bought. Thank you for all of the replies, and I will butt out now.

Scrench