Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Rimfire Postal Matches- A New way to have fun!

Unhappy Condolences

Quote Originally Posted by nccarl View Post
    I am sorry to report, but Bill has past away. He suffered a heart attack on Dec 29.

He was not only a great shooter and proponent of Benchrest Sports, but a good friend and great person
    I am sorry for your loss. I only knew Bill via email for the matches but he seemed to be a fine person and I am sure he will be missed.
    Jeff Howard

North American Rimfire Postal Matches - Bill Buck

NARPM has been the sole creation of Bill who managed it without help. Sadly, I fear the matches are over unless restarted by someone else. I do not know of anyone who has access to membership contact information as it was really a one man operation. (I speak as a close friend of Bill's for a number of years. We essentially relocated together from NC to FL this spring and our families remain close.) His passing is a loss to many. May he rest in peace.

North American Rimfire Postal Matches

To those who have expressed their ability and willingness to continue the NARPM, my sincere thanks. Bill would be very gratified.
    Please keep me posted as I hope to become an active participant as my personal circumstances permit. Thank you.

I hear these matches will continue under the management of Norm Flynn & Larry Mills.

For details, contact: NARPMshooter@outlook.com

Good Shooting to all!

NARPM Update - Please Read

All, with Bills's passing, Norm and I are carrying on with his legacy. Please see below for information on how to participate, and the January match that just got underway.

Please see the three attached PDF’s for the January 2019 William Buck Memorial Postal Match. These files include an Invitation, Rules/Regulations and the Target.

We hope that you will participate in this months match but recognize that weather and a short month may require that you pass.

We’ve made a few changes, especially with the rifle classifications, that you will find in the rules and regulations. The target has also been modified to reflect the classification changes. Please remember to enter details of your rifle/scope/ammo and mark your classification.

If you haven’t responded with a statement of your interest in participating please respond so we can maintain a viable mailing list.

Finally, please email your targets to NARPMShooter@outlook.com by January 31, 2019.

Thank you,

Norm Flynn and Larry Mills
    Match Directors

Question about Unlimited Class in the Postal Match

Folks, I have a question, I need your thoughts on. In a Rimfire match, Unlimited class, are those rifles mostly shot from a one-piece stand, very heavy and sometimes not even having a stock?

Are there any other traditional rifles that you've seen in an unlimited class for matches?

Appreciate any wisdom you may have on describing what an unlimited class rifle is.

Thanks very much!

Unlimited

Some venues a rifle over 13.5 # would be in unlimited.

This would be considered an unlimited class rifle and one piece rest. The rifle weighs a little over 18 lbs and the rest is 30 lbs. If I shot the matches this is what I would use. Wayne

Question about Unlimited Class in the Postal Match

Thanks very much for your responses. They helped me a lot.

Take care and happy shooting!

Website

Is there an update on a website?

Scottishmac, we don't have a website.

If you are interested in learning more about the matches, please send an email to NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we will send you the information including the rules and regulations, the target to use, and the monthly announcement of the matches. We're just about done picking up with December, and we'll be publishing the December results early next week. I will post an update on this forum so folks have a chance to learn more about the matches. We'll also then announce the start of the February match and ask everyone who shot in January to send us their targets. No later than mid-month, we'll publish the January match results and send those out to the folks on the email list.

If you're interested, we would be happy to have you shooting with the group.

Take care,

Rimfireshooter

William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Good day to everyone. I wanted to let you know that next week, we will start the February postal match. If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Thank you!

Rimfireshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfireshooter View Post
    Scottishmac, we don't have a website.

If you are interested in learning more about the matches, please send an email to NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we will send you the information including the rules and regulations, the target to use, and the monthly announcement of the matches. We're just about done picking up with December, and we'll be publishing the December results early next week. I will post an update on this forum so folks have a chance to learn more about the matches. We'll also then announce the start of the February match and ask everyone who shot in January to send us their targets. No later than mid-month, we'll publish the January match results and send those out to the folks on the email list.

If you're interested, we would be happy to have you shooting with the group.

Take care,

Rimfireshooter
    Thanks. I'm hoping that the rain will stop here in Central Florida next week for me to get to the range.

My rig

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1548628386062.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	21943

December 2018 Match Results - William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Shooters,

Please find attached the results from the December Match. Norm and I have checked your targets, scores, and Norm has compiled the attached list for your review. As you will see in the list, we also included the individual shooter equipment list, so you can see what the other folks are shooting. I find it interesting to review the kind of rifles/scopes/ammo being used in the matches, and we hope you do too!

We are fast approaching the end of January (next Friday), so if you haven’t submitted your targets for the January Match please do so by the end of the month. If you haven’t responded to our request for a show of interest, please do so as we will be cleaning up our mailing list in the near future.

Lastly, we will send out the announcement for the February Match late next week. Be sure to check the revised rules and regulations, especially the classes for the February Match. If anyone has a question about their rifle class, please don't hesitate to send us a note, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks very much for participating!

If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Good shooting to all....

Norm and Larry
    Attached Files Attached Files