Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT-Cop Mistakenly Enters Wrong Apt,Kills Tenant

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    puh-leeeze Louis

our news feeds too show what the news stations want us to read.....as Wilbur pointed out, they're mostly just using stories like this to further an agenda promoting the idea that alla' we's workin' folks is racis' ......
    I would not have expected anything different from the media. That's just how it is.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    My understanding is that if the police have probable cause [even if acting on an anonymous tip] and they show up at the wrong address and kill someone that they won't be held responsible. I believe that's the way that courts have ruled in these matters.

Its my understanding that there is no guaranteed ruling in these cases. Each case is decided, individually , on its own merits.

As Jerry points out, the "qualified immunity" defense may or may not apply. I've been out of the loop for quite awhile now. There may have been some recent changes.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Far second to the death is this...the leading remark in the article.....

"On September 6, a white Dallas police officer shot and killed her black neighbor inside his own Dallas apartment, reigniting, once again, the debate around police racism and brutality in the U.S."

I'll ask rhetorically...how could this event possibly be related to racism and brutality?

Just for the sake of discussion.

Unfortunately we live in a society where there is no lack of experts on the subject of what is and what isn’t Police racism/brutality.

As others have pointed out, A Liberal newsletter/magazine with a board of directors headed by a Maxine Waters clone, will not pass up the opportunity to share their expert opinion.

I don’t remember seeing any such articles in local newspapers here in the Dallas area. Oh.I haven’t checked todays paper.

It appears that The City is working hard at trying to answer the question, “what actually happened”.

Glenn

Glenn, perhaps you could tell the story of the Doberman or maybe not. I heard it from Arnold Jewell and you may want to correct the record. James

What I've read is that initially the Dallas police were going to issue a warrant for manslaughter against the officer. However, a decision by the police to turn the investigation over to the Texas Rangers resulted in the Rangers telling the police to hold off on any warrants until they had conducted their investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMock View Post
    Glenn, perhaps you could tell the story of the Doberman or maybe not. I heard it from Arnold Jewell and you may want to correct the record. James

Arnold Jewell. That toothless Aviator. His version of the story is funnier than mine.

Haven't seen him in a long time.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    What I've read is that initially the Dallas police were going to issue a warrant for manslaughter against the officer. However, a decision by the police to turn the investigation over to the Texas Rangers resulted in the Rangers telling the police to hold off on any warrants until they had conducted their investigation.

Yep, looks like the proper thing to do. It eliminates the possible appearance of Bias. Takes some of the heat off DPD.

Glenn

I don't have an opinion I just shared the first link I came across.

JLouis