Thread: Marshall Peacock has left the range.

Marshall Peacock has left the range.

My close friend, Marshall Peacock, died this morning after suffering for several years. Marshall and I travelled to Benchrest matches for many years. We went to Raton, Midland, Denton, Tomball, Minnetonka, Lafayette, Ohio, Georgia, and several matches in Louisiana. He was a great friend, and I am certainly diminished with the loss of this fine man. May he rest in peace. James Mock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 (2).JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	21388  

James I,m sorry to hear of the passing of Marshall. I enjoyed the conversations and seeing you and him at the Super Shoot.
    Rest in Peace Marshall

John

Marshall Peacock

Sorry to hear this James. I met you and Marshall at the Crawfish at Tomball,Tx.

Marshall was a very funny guy. He was the frequent recipient of the “Train Wreck Award” that Speedy used to to give out at Denton,Tx. Marshall would graciously accept the award with a sense of humor.

I heard him say one time,”at least I won something”. Heck..the train wreck award was just as impressive as the other awards. The only difference was the inscription.

Those were the fun days of Benchrest. I extend my sincere sympathy. Marshall will be missed.

Glenn

Thanks for all of responses that I have received. The picture above was taken at Mr. George Rogan's range in Tallulah, LA. George was one of Marshall's close friends and he loved to visit with George. Mr. George was WWII veteran and quite a marksman in his own right. He built his own rifles and was a wealth of knowledge. We lost Mr. George about ten years ago. James

Sorry to hear of our loss, James.
    But this makes me wonder is this is the Sergeant Marshall Peacock I was in the Army with for a time. He called Louisiana home. We were on the Continental Army Rifle Team and stationed at Fort Polk at that time. As things go in the Army you try not to get to close to a guy as you eventually ship out to parts unknown or end up dead.
    Sergeant Peacock never had a hair out of place and was also a character. He looked a bit like your Marshall Peacock in that picture.

James, it has been 15 years since I last saw Marshall, he was a true gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Sorry to hear of our loss, James.
    But this makes me wonder is this is the Sergeant Marshall Peacock I was in the Army with for a time. He called Louisiana home. We were on the Continental Army Rifle Team and stationed at Fort Polk at that time. As things go in the Army you try not to get to close to a guy as you eventually ship out to parts unknown or end up dead.
    Sergeant Peacock never had a hair out of place and was also a character. He looked a bit like your Marshall Peacock in that picture.
    Francis, it was not the same person. Marshall has never been in the service. Thanks for your thoughts.