Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Need Help Please, Rear Bag Selection

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33

    Need Help Please, Rear Bag Selection


    I really need some advice on selecting a rear bag, I just purchased a used Farley coaxial II rest, it comes with the Farley front rest bag (might upgrade this to a Edgewood) not sure about that either. Anyways I will try to answer some questions of my setup and Iím sure many have something similar and can get me pointed in the right direction I have a Scoville stock and shoot free recoil, Iím confused on what bag to get mainly spacing and ear height. I searched past threads and only found a debate on the gun riding on the stitching or just slightly above it. I even went to the IBS sight to look at photos and found many using my new rest with a protektor Dr bag with the silver slick material on the ears while others had a mini gator but I didnít know what the spacing of the ears would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause Iím smart enough to ask for help when I donít know what the hell im talkin about

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    95

    Rear bag

    Quote Originally Posted by btc624 View Post

    I really need some advice on selecting a rear bag, I just purchased a used Farley coaxial II rest, it comes with the Farley front rest bag (might upgrade this to a Edgewood) not sure about that either. Anyways I will try to answer some questions of my setup and Iím sure many have something similar and can get me pointed in the right direction I have a Scoville stock and shoot free recoil, Iím confused on what bag to get mainly spacing and ear height. I searched past threads and only found a debate on the gun riding on the stitching or just slightly above it. I even went to the IBS sight to look at photos and found many using my new rest with a protektor Dr bag with the silver slick material on the ears while others had a mini gator but I didnít know what the spacing of the ears would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause Iím smart enough to ask for help when I donít know what the hell im talkin about
    I highly recommend a lenzi rear bag it is built around the scoville and Scarborough stock .
    Pricey but worth every penny . Call Pat at PMA tool to order he will help you on what you need . You will not find a better bag .
    PS get the stable spacer bag to .
    Last edited by Ajshooter; 08-12-2018 at 01:49 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    129
    Lenzi bags
    Aj shooter is dead on

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jeddo, Michigan
    Posts
    3,739
    I have not used nor have I seen a Lenzi bag that I know of. My question is: what has happened to the Edgewood bag that has driven some in the know to switch to the Lenzi? Is it personal preference, like so much is, or is it that the Edgewood isn't what it used to be?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,460

    Francis

    Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    I have not used nor have I seen a Lenzi bag that I know of. My question is: what has happened to the Edgewood bag that has driven some in the know to switch to the Lenzi? Is it personal preference, like so much is, or is it that the Edgewood isn't what it used to be?
    I don't know about Lenzi, but I've gone back to my old protektor rear bag. I find the Edgewoods I have start to sag right or left. I think the leather isn't thick enough on the sides. They have been great in replacing one, but I don't find them as durable as the protektor.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jeddo, Michigan
    Posts
    3,739
    Greg;
    Truth be known, and I always deal in truth, I have never owned an Edgewood. I use a Protektor as it works well in my bag squeezer method. As a squeezer, the softer bag is to my liking.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,460

    Then

    Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Greg;
    Truth be known, and I always deal in truth, I have never owned an Edgewood. I use a Protektor as it works well in my bag squeezer method. As a squeezer, the softer bag is to my liking.
    you may just love an Edgewood

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    121
    lenzi +1

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,487

    Exclamation

    I have used Edgewoods both in centerfire and rimfire without issue or complaint. This year I tried a Lenzi from PMA......the others remain on the shelf.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    95

    Lenzi bag

    Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    I have not used nor have I seen a Lenzi bag that I know of. My question is: what has happened to the Edgewood bag that has driven some in the know to switch to the Lenzi? Is it personal preference, like so much is, or is it that the Edgewood isn't what it used to be?
    I talked Alberto Lenzi for a while before I ordered a lenzi bag . He has took the time to make a bag that fits the slope and width of the scoville and Scarborough stock. That said I shot my other guns on them and I will alway choose my lenzi bag. If you have a Facebook page type in his name and look at the quility in his bags . Plus you can get any color you want . The Italians know there leather.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CoigniŤres - France
    Posts
    108

    Rear Bag

    Alberto Lenzi, PMA has them in stock. Simply the best!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Vineyard, Maine via Milford, Massachusetts
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosP View Post
    Alberto Lenzi, PMA has them in stock. Simply the best!
    I have a Mini Gator, a DR and a Lenzi. Alberto Lenzi's rear bag puts the others to shame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •