Thread: Wilbur Harris for President of the NBRSA

Wilbur Harris for President of the NBRSA

Yes, the NBRSA needs Wilbur Harris as president for two reasons.

First, to try to help heal the wound from the Rodney Brown matter. That matter caused several ranges to no longer hold registered matches and, I suspect, a good number of folks to not renew their membership in the NBRSA. Wilbur didn't have any involvement in ousting Rodney, whereas ALL of the current directors who were directors last year either voted to oust him or abstained from voting. Why did some of them abstain? They might say they didn't have enough evidence to vote to oust him; however, if that's the case they should have voted "No." Furthermore, they should have made a BIG deal over whether Rodney got a fair hearing.

Second, to try to stop the financial bleeding that was exhibited in last year's financial statements -- they showed a loss of over $25K. Wilbur had no involvement with that and each of the current directors who were directors last year were involved in the financial decisions. I don't think the NBRSA can tolerate much more financial irresponsibility in the management of its finances.

You ask, "Who is Wilbur Harris?" He is a former director of the Southeast Region, a life member of the NBRSA, a member of the Southeast Region HOF, the "boss" of this website, and a friend to (I guess) everyone who knows him -- including me.

Regardless of whether you agree with the above, make your opinion on this matter known here -- and to your regional director.
    Last edited by Hunter; 08-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.

One thing I might mention here. The president serves at the pleasure of the directors. Sure, the president can speak his mind on any matter, but the directors have the say so on any and everything that comes before them.

That's actually why I'm shootin' for this - to make sure the directors have that say so on everything....EVERYTHING. Additionally, and more important than anything I'll say or write, it's my intent to ensure the directors vote as their region's membership prefers. That's the ONLY way the process, as written, will work properly...or at all.

Of course, the president has the final vote if there's a tie. Don Creach had an admirable thought about that some years ago and I liked it a lot. If a tie occurs...vote to leave it as is.

Yes, I've got some ideas about how to improve the numbers, both membership and cash, but those may not pan out. The numbers are not as important to me as keeping NBRSA group and score Benchrest alive and well for years and years. I've been sitting here on my dead ass for a long time spouting the fact that many folks simply do not have the cash flow to participate. Well....that's true, but there are plenty of folks that do have enough cash flow and my aim is to go after them. I can do that as it is now and will do it once I figure out the better way.

I suppose I need to say a little bit about the Rodney Brown issue. The directors voted on that! Right or wrong, they voted and that's all I need to know. Actually, that IS all I know. I'll say right here in public that I didn't like it but the directors thought it best. I don't have to like everything the NBRSA BOD does.

The NBRSA website is pretty good but it ain't good enough. Steve Lee doesn't have the time to fix where it's broken. I suppose if we paid a little bit we could have a better website and I believe it would be a better, and cheaper, deal than the magazine. Perhaps along the way, the membership dues could be cheaper as well...depending. I originally created that website and Rodney Brown subsequently ran it for a few years. I remember giving each director password access to post whatever they chose to post. As you can see, much has occurred that is not on the website. The website uses "Drupal" as it's basis and the version has been out dated for a long time. It needs a "rebuild"....any takers?

What about the roads?
    You've covered everything else with regard to NBRSA.
    Gretchen Whitmer made it through the Michigan primary with her "Fix the Damned Roads" campaign. What would you do about the roads if elected.
    Good Luck Wilbur.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    What about the roads?
    You've covered everything else with regard to NBRSA.
    Gretchen Whitmer made it through the Michigan primary with her "Fix the Damned Roads" campaign. What would you do about the roads if elected.
    Good Luck Wilbur.
    Francis, my guess is that the roads will be "under construction". Seems like that's what I run into no matter which state I'm traveling.

Yeah, I forgot to write that...thanks Francis. I'll fix them damned roads as well! Probably get Dominos Pizza to help given that they're fixing potholes....or I should say pothole for now as they only fixed one.

I never knew Wilbur had a last name!

Don't you think that putting it on the ballot might confuse some voters?

I've known Wilbur Harris for about 20 years and I've not one bad experience in my dealings with him. With a record like that, how can I not give my full support to Wilbur Harris? Come to think of it, I've shot quite a bit, for a guy from Michigan, in the Southeast Region and haven't heard a bad word about Wilbur Harris from anyone in the Southeast Region. Wilbur Harris is the man. Does he want the job and position of President of the NBRSA. We can only hope.
    Are you listening, Jack Neary?
    Last edited by FBecigneul; 08-11-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Wilbur for President

I met Wilbur when I started shooting in 2001. His inability to fix the roads aside, Wilbur is what benchrest needs. I never post, but for this I am. I hope all will support Wilbur in this efforts to get us back on the right track. In the spirit of full disclosure, I asked Wilbur to pay me to write this and he refused!

Wilbur for President

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Does he want the job and position of President of the NBRSA.
    Yes, he does and I hope he gets it.

Wilbur is the Epitome of a Human Being . Very unselfish and Humble Gentleman.
    It has been a Pleasure to Know and have been around Him !