Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilbur Harris for President of the NBRSA

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Francis, I don't agree with you on the above quote. IMO, all non-members are prospective members and it's worth knowing what they think. Also, sometimes it takes an "outsider" for the "insiders" to realize they've got a mess.
    I think they realize, accepting responsablity or admission that's a different story. Wilbur would be a good choice, that being said wasn't Jack instrumental in having the nationals pulled from Fairchance for the n.b.r.s.a. I know the "board " would have vote. I always found it amusing that they were able to hold the Hog roast and the eastern regionals at that range that year and everything was fine.
    Last edited by gfpd; 08-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Not sure what happened there but Jack Neary is a good director. The Eastern Region could easily do worse and it would be difficult to find another willing soul to equal Jack Neary...much less surpass him.

One problem, as I see it, is the membership seems to be told stuff in the "breadcrumb" version rather than the whole story. I assure you that either way is OK in the end but a little more along the way would be better. It all boils down to this...Director's should develop their votes based on the votes of the members of their region. After all, that's why we have regional directors!!

[QUOTE=Wilbur;812413] The Eastern Region could easily do worse and it would be difficult to find another willing soul to equal Jack Neary..

One problem, as I see it, is the membership seems to be told stuff in the "breadcrumb" version rather than the whole story.

Wilbur, And that seems to be part of the problem " finding a willing soul" so we are stuck with what we have and no real choices. So it will stay the same old same old. The second part we only find out bits and pieces as the directors seem fit to cover whats going on, we are able to form our on opinions if given ALL facts and information. That is the only way we can make an educated decision for who we would vote for, never mind see first statement.

Quote Originally Posted by gfpd View Post
    And that seems to be part of the problem " finding a willing soul" so we are stuck with what we have and no real choices. So it will stay the same old same old.
    Two months ago, there were four U.S.-based regions where the director positions were up for vote, and I'm confident that only ONE of those regions had a challenger to the incumbent. I don't know whether there was any effort in other regions to nominate a challenger, but I doubt it. The facts that: (a) there was only ONE challenger to an incumbent in half of the U.S.-based regions, and (b) he lost, suggests to me that most folks are happy with the status quo -- at least in the make-up of the BOD.

Now that the president's position is up for election next month, don't lose sight of the fact that we've "[found] a willing soul" who is offering us a "real choice" for the future. As I've said before, the NBRSA needs Wilbur. Let your RD know that!

Please do not misunderstand me. I think Wilbur would be a great choice. at this point he has been far enough removed from all the b.s. he would be more neutral in his views and has been involved as a director so he knows the protocol. as for the directors nothing will change anytime soon. it comes down to nobody really wants the job.