Thread: Savage 110 Tactical Desert in 6mm Creedmoor

Savage 110 Tactical Desert in 6mm Creedmoor

I hadn't bought anything in a few months so I was getting itchy. I ordered the above-mentioned rifle and it came today. Looks nice. Has the Accu-stock, Accu-fit, Accu-trigger, 20 MOA EGW rail, 7.5 twist. I ordered 5 boxes of the Federal Premium ammo loaded with 105 Bergers from Midway at $25 per box with free shipping. I couldn't buy brass and bullets and load them for that. It will give me 100 brass to play with and I'll get dies next year. I also have a bunch of 108 Bergers to try. I'll mount a 10-40X Osprey to start. I'm thinking egg shoots, marble shoots, chuck shoots and maybe real chucks.

Anybody play with one of these yet? Any experiences with the caliber in another platform?

check out accurate shooters forum.

Thanks, you're right. Tons of information on the caliber. Not much yet on the model 110 Desert Tactical.

I had it apart today to adjust the trigger. The book says it will go below 1 pound, but mine was adjusted all the way down and it's right at 2 lbs 1 ounce. The only way to get it lower would be to replace the spring, but it breaks so good I'll probably not bother.

The Accu-stock bedding block looks to be very well machined. Fit is precise. You have to be careful when removing the stock because there's a little bushing for the rear guard screw that can easily fall out.

I'll probably order a Mag-pul 5 round magazine because the 10 rounder is too darn obtrusive.

The bore scope shows that the barrel is decent. You can see faint machine marks, but they're not pronounced. The chamber, leade and crown are good.