Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Only 5 weeks until NBRAS Hunter & VfS Nationals (100/200 & Two Gun)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489

    Sponsors for 2018 NBRAS Hunter & VfS Nationals (100/200 & Two Gun). NO Late Fee.

    As of yesterday, 7/14/18, the following sponsors have made generous contributions to the prize pool - please show you support in exchange for theirs. I thank them all.

    10X (Chad Schmidt & Dick Baier)
    21st Century
    Applied Ballistics (Bryan Litz)
    BIB Bullets
    Borden Accuracy
    Broughton Barrels
    Brux Barrels
    CJ's Custom
    Hornady
    Hogue, Inc.
    Krieger Barrels, Inc.
    K & M Precision Shooting Products
    Lee Precision
    Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels
    PMA Tool
    Redding Reloading Equipment
    Shadetree Engineering & Accuracy (Butch Lambert)
    Shilen Rifles, Inc.
    Russ Stiner

    Right up until the last day, it's not too late to contribute.



    Please check your May, or, page 20, of the July, 2018 NBRSA PRECISION RIFLEMAN magazine, for details. The tournament dates are August 7,8,9,10, 2018.

    Our advertisement having been omitted from the June issue, the NBRSA management kindly ran the Add in the July issue. Thus, due to reduced planning time, we - Boone Valley Ike's - will waive the, 'late fee': only the appropriate entry and trophy fees will be charged.

    Mike Bigelow is still working out the flag rotation/captain details. I will post the captains as soon as the rotations are firm. We hope to see you there. Keep 'em ON the X! RG

    P.S. Or, see the 2018 NBRSA Hunter and VfS Nationals sticky above.
    Last edited by R.G. Robinett; 07-31-2018 at 08:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,443

    Btt

    Quote Originally Posted by R.G. Robinett View Post
    Please check your May, or, page 20, of the July, 2018 NBRSA PRECISION RIFLEMAN magazine, for details. The tournament dates are August 7,8,9,10, 2018.

    Our advertisement having been omitted from the June issue, the NBRSA management kindly ran the Add in the July issue. Thus, due to reduced planning time, we - Boone Valley Ike's - will waive the, 'late fee': only the appropriate entry and trophy fees will be charged.

    Mike Bigelow is still working out the flag rotation/captain details. I will post the captains as soon as the rotations are firm. We hope to see you there. Keep 'em ON the X! RG

    P.S. Or, see the 2018 NBRSA Hunter and VfS Nationals sticky above.
    Back to the top

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tuff, TX
    Posts
    736
    See you there.
    Joe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tuff, TX
    Posts
    736
    Which way does the range face and how many benches does it have?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    79
    Joe

    The range faces east!

    Google maps link: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3608.../data=!3m1!1e3

    Most matches are 15 benches nationals may use 20 or more.... I'm not sure! Maybe Randy or Ronnie will give the true facts....

    It's ran by a great crew!

    Russ

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tuff, TX
    Posts
    736
    Will we need an umbrella or something for the sun in the mornings?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    79
    Joe

    You can bring one if you want, never hurts to bring one along. I myself have never had to use one.

    By the time all the warm ups have run there course I have not needed one.

    Russ

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Duke View Post
    Which way does the range face and how many benches does it have?
    Russ is correct - as required by Iowa LAW (NOT) , the range faces EAST. With the 9:00 AM start time, an umbrella is probably not necessary - however some do use one. We will be shooting five flag rotations, or, 20 benches. RG

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tuff, TX
    Posts
    736
    BTT,

    Thank you to all the vendors who have contributed. You are appreciated.
    Joe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    35

    Flag sponsors???

    Who will be sponsoring the flag at the Nationals and can we specify our individual preference?
    Thanks,
    Al Elliott

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Elliott View Post
    Who will be sponsoring the flag at the Nationals and can we specify our individual preference?
    Thanks,
    Al Elliott
    Good question, Al. There will be 5 flag sponsors/sets (20 benches): Jackie Schmidt/Ray Perry(single vane); T.K. Nolan (double vane); Rich Carpenter (single vane/NO daisy wheel); Richard Hunnewell (probes & St. Louis type vanes); Randy Robinett (single vane/daisy wheel - BG/Halblom style). P.S. One rotation will be a "double" set: Hunnewell and Robinett will share an alley.

    I believe Mike is accommodating picking your rotation, but not your relay. Please contact Mike Bigelow for these details: 515-795-3279, debmike@iowatelecom.net
    Hope to see you there. RG
    Last edited by R.G. Robinett; 07-31-2018 at 08:52 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tuff, TX
    Posts
    736
    Shoot starts a week from tomorrow!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    5,661

    One of the most honest ranges I ever shot on

    Unless a lot of trees have grown up or there have been a bunch of berms erected, this range , i found to be readable. Although I didn't win the whole damn thing, I thought I could read conditions there better than most other ranges I have shot at. I liked it. It'a just too damn far away!

    Pete

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •