Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Firearms via FEDEX

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    I shipped a barreled action, unfinished stock, trigger guard, magazine and guard screws insured for $1500 inside of a gun case with the case going into the [taped over] box it came in 30 years ago for $59. What would the USPS charge for that?
    Also the box is about 4 x 12 x 52. The stocker is going to have to ship it back in something too.
    It depends on the weight, amount insured for location and destination. I ship long guns a few times per year. The last one was in that insured range and the cost was similar or maybe a little less IIRC. I use ULINE boxes designed to slip one inside the other. They are very strong and I've never had damage. I much prefer them to shipping in hard gun cases as there is no indication that there is a firearm inside.

Rick

funny jokes

This post couldn't be written any better! write me a dissertation Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!
    deadpool 2 jokes

Following a Link

to the ATF site regarding shipping by a nonlicensee to a licensed person or entity. Note the comment about not ID on the outside of the package that its a firearm!

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...postal-service

Lots of good advice about what to tell a clerk who is nosy about package contents. Just follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    to the ATF site regarding shipping by a nonlicensee to a licensed person or entity. Note the comment about not ID on the outside of the package that its a firearm!

Lots of good advice about what to tell a clerk who is nosy about package contents. Just follow it.
    Generally unlike UPS people, FEDEX folks don't ask what's in the box. When their system shows that it's going to a gunsmith then of course they are going to ask and per their rules you are supposed to declare a firearm whether they ask or not. Any indications that the box once contained a gun case were covered over with brown tape long ago. I suppose somewhere along the line, someone can still figure it out.

machine parts.

Rick

Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    machine parts.

Rick
    so fedex says but hes a gunsmith. well maybe but he is also a machine shop making mods to my machine parts. Dust them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    machine parts.

Rick
    Wait until you ever need to make an insurance claim.
    They will not pay.

BATFE also says you must declare to the shipper.
    Let alone violating the "contract of carriage" you agreed to when you signed the shipper form (but never read).

so fedex says but hes a gunsmith. well maybe but he is also a machine shop making mods to my machine parts. Dust them off.
    He has an account with FEDEX with the name John Doe Gunsmithing as the account holder.

Quote Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
    Wait until you ever need to make an insurance claim.
    They will not pay.

BATFE also says you must declare to the shipper.
    Let alone violating the "contract of carriage" you agreed to when you signed the shipper form (but never read).
    Actually, that was a joke. I don't use FedEx for long guns and USPS doesn't ask. They just want to know how much to insure the package for.

Rick