Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help from real machinists

Years and years ago, at the nuclear plant, another fellow and myself stole some sheet metal and cut it into triangles for a swing set he was building. We thought that was the hard part and the next night we were gonna drill holes for bolting it all together. That stuff was fairly thin and the first hole went easily....but we burned up every drill bit we could find trying to drill another. The next morning I asked a machinist to drill the holes and he quickly drilled them while we were turning over the shift. Never did figure out why we had such trouble but I'm thinking now that the drill was running bassackwards.

[quote=wilbur;80901 never did figure out why we had such trouble but i'm thinking now that the drill was running bassackwards.[/quote]

lol

Alinwa you pretty much covered it all on my behalf and really quite sad to see how Jackie was being treated. One would be hard pressed not only to find a nicer and more helpful Gentleman. He probably has accomplished more high end machine work and gained more knowledge than some here now seem to proclaim. And he was probably doing it before he even got out of high school so it rubbed me a bit raw.

JLouis

JLouis - Me too...but Jackie understands that every now and then somebody gets up on the wrong side of the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    JLouis - Me too...but Jackie understands that every now and then somebody gets up on the wrong side of the keyboard.
    Just saw this and it put a smile on my face.

Mort