Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lt 30

Bob White suggested LT-30 and LT-32 for my 6PPC and also mixing it 50/50 by weight to get LT-31. Still working with N133 so far.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Singleton View Post
    I've tested it some in upper 30s to 50s. I didn't see anything remarkable in accuracy. I had heavier bolt lift than Lt32 or 133 at the same velocity shot over a labradar
    Tim, what knd of load density were you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Tim, what knd of load density were you using ?
    I was working up to a little above 3400 where I sometimes shoot Lt32 and 133. It took 28grains of Lt30 to get there in this barrel it gave a noticeable heavier bolt lift at 3410 than 32 or 133 I shot it all that day
    2010 lot of 133 lot 10 of Lt32
    lot 37 of Lt30
    .0015 neck tension shot at touch
    Last edited by Tim Singleton; 03-29-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    If there was only one powder available for use in benchrest competition. Some competitors would figure out a way to make it work, some would not be so fortunate. Its just the nature of the sport. These are my personal observations during the last 19 years of enjoying the Sport of Benchrest competition. I have never tried LT-30,but its on my list of things to do. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday, who has been shooting Benchrest 47 years. It would be nice if some of these old timers would chime in on some these discussions and share their real world experiences.

Glenn
    Exactly why the thread. i 've been shooting 32 for over a year now so I'm kind of in the neighborhood but figured " what the hey", let's see if we can shake a little fruit outta them trees.
    Thanks Glen

Mine is lot 41, from 2015...... jim

Lt 30 hot hot powder

The LT 30 is a very hot powder and has to be carefully used in the 6PPC.
    Suggest one uses a chonograph and shoot a one load/bullet in increments at a time and watch
    for heavy bolt lifts. One would have to back the load down for heavy bolt lifts.
    Bart seems to have success with the powder. Have seen some decent groups
    when testing LT 30. Have used it somewhat limited in competition with decent results. The LT does not
    appear to hold tune very long. However, the people who are using it are stating that the load window is very
    narrow. Therefore, one needs to have a very good powder scale due to the narrow load window.

tunermi

Quote Originally Posted by tunermi View Post
    Suggest one uses a chonograph and shoot a one load/bullet in increments at a time and watch
    for heavy bolt lifts. One would have to back the load down for heavy bolt lifts.
    when testing LT 30. Have used it somewhat limited in competition with decent results. The LT does not
    appear to hold tune very long. However, the people who are using it are stating that the load window is very
    narrow. Therefore, one needs to have a very good powder scale due to the narrow load window.

tunermi
    That seems to be the opposite what I hear and see with the PPC. How I got on it was preloading and you can stay in tune with the tuner....... jim

check out lot 13 of lt32 i fell its the best lot

Quote Originally Posted by tunermi View Post

tunermi
    Kindly elaborate on your tune comment since there seems to be widely held opinion the LT powders hold tune quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Murdica View Post
    check out lot 13 of lt32 i fell its the best lot
    Lou, since you have been the LT wisperer, any thoughts you might have on the LT30 would be appreciated.

Anyone done any lot to lot comparisons? Is it anywhere consistent?

Looks like over 40 lots so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySharrett View Post
    Anyone done any lot to lot comparisons? Is it anywhere consistent?

Looks like over 40 lots so far.

Never did lot to lot but I did do different conditions with the same pre loaded rounds and is very good to the point of the tuner keeping them in a tenth and it is an average barrel.... I would like to do more testing with a good barrel. LT 30 is good stuff....... jim

I think there has only 4 lots of LT 30. Not all lot numbers area excepted. Same with LT32 there has been
    I think 8 lots but the number is up to 13 lot . LT30 Was done for the 30 br. I shot it at one score nationals and I think I won everything but one yardage I came in second.and-set 2 new records. LT30 36.7 grains berger 115 going 3200
    I don’t mix powders, I tested mixing Powder with pressure testing and never had consistent pressure.
    I did test shooting duplex loads using 2 powder measures and found the faster powder needs to be on the bottom and pressures were consistent .
    Last edited by Lou Murdica; 03-31-2018 at 12:58 PM.

I did test shooting duplex loads using 2 powder measures and found the faster powder needs to be on the bottom and pressures were consistent .
    .[/QUOTE]
    Like 18167 and 322 ?
    I'll see you this weekend (NO BAGELS FOR YOU )
    Joe Pipola

Burn rates of LT30 and LT32?

I have found it frustrating to try and find an actual chart of burn rates where the common benchrest powders and both LT's are shown in some logical order. If you look at enough sites, you can find where LT30 is slower on some and faster on others. Is there a good, up to date burn rate chart out yet that includes both LT30 and LT32?