Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardened steel, oversized bbl nuts??

Thank You Both

Quote Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
    I have a switch barrel Panda action live varmint rifle.

It does not take all that much torque to align the barrels after changing.

Once the square barrel face barrel is set against the square shoulder of the action the force generated by additional torque has no real purpose beyond stretching and damaging things.

I measured the 'break away' torque after firing a few rounds and tighten to about 90% of that and call it good.
    And yes I lube the threads.
    I'm not arguing here http://benchrest.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

My flossify is very simple, if it makes you happy, fulfills your requirements..... then Glorye Be To The Earth 'undt Skye ...... we're all happy, happy, happy

Jackie, I got the box.

With a hole in the corner LOL

I hate to think what that 4lb hunk of steel did to the sorting mochine that busted the box!

So I'll go buy a hunk from Metal Supermarkets and still try it

Thanks

al

What!!??

That was a very nice piece of steel. Not something you can just buy off the shelf.

That batch was ordered as E4340. We had the pieces normalized, then hardened and tempered to meet the specific strength level required.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 03-16-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    What!!??

That was a very nice piece of steel. Not something you can just buy off the shelf.

That batch was ordered as E4340. We had the pieces normalized, then hardened and tempered to meet the specific strength level required.
    I feel your pain. I once received an empty cardboard tube with no Bartlein barrel. The delivery driver returned a few hours later with a very scratched up barrel that he found rolling around the bed of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    What!!??

Well then, I hope they find it! My wife picked it up at the PO so they saw the damage....... and I described exactly what we were doing to the other PO lady when I bought the box directly from them. She said "tell the guy to just drop it in and seal the flap and send it down the road"

Maybe next time I'll send a Pelican case