Thread: Remington 700 Trigger??

Remington 700 Trigger??

Are the trigger parts like the safety, bolt stop, bolt release, etc. from an older [say 20 years ago] factory trigger usable on the newer X Mark Pro triggers and vice versa?

I assume that older triggers will install onto new actions.
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 01-25-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    Are the trigger parts like the safety, bolt stop, bolt release, etc. from an older [say 20 years ago] factory trigger usable on the newer X Mark Pro triggers and vice versa?
    No, they're different. I'll send you a pm.--Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    No, they're different. I'll send you a pm.--Mike
    I figured they were different since Shilen says that X Mark Pro parts won't fit on their triggers.

Does anyone have a pic or 2 of an assembled older style Rem 700 trigger with safety, bolt release, etc.to post? I have the parts to put one back together, but it's been years since I messed with it. I'd just as soon not take one of my rifles apart to look at it.

Since you need pictures &/or instructions to assemble a pre 2006 Walker trigger group-

Seek professional assistance in the assembly & adjustment process.

Actually I got it done with no issues so all's swell that ends swell. I have 2 triggers and more than enough parts to have one complete trigger as far as safety, bolt stop, etc. go. Was thinking of selling both. One is a Neil Jones honed unit set to [according to my notes] 1 1/2 pounds and the other IIRC is a factory take off. I'd leave pull weight adjustment to the new owner/s. I installed my own years ago when I bought replacements, so it's just being a little rusty from not having tinkered with them for a dozen years. It doesn't take a great deal of expertise to pin one up to a receiver.
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 02-07-2018 at 11:43 PM.