Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: BIB 136gr .308

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,379

    BIB 136gr .308

    Decided to re-organize the shelf unit in my garage where I store some of my reloading components. I found three boxes of 334 qty each BIB .308 136 gr FB bullets. Not sure why I bought those as I'm not shooting that weight bullet in anything. I must have had some reason at the time, but that escapes me now. What are they best used for?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    199
    I use the 135 class bullets for short range in my double lugged M1As. If you decide to sell them, make me a deal, I will buy all 3 boxes. Send me an email if interested.
    81stfacp@gmail.com
    Last edited by NezRongero; 12-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    857

    I use them....

    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Decided to re-organize the shelf unit in my garage where I store some of my reloading components. I found three boxes of 334 qty each BIB .308 136 gr FB bullets. Not sure why I bought those as I'm not shooting that weight bullet in anything. I must have had some reason at the time, but that escapes me now. What are they best used for?
    I use them for short range VFS bench rest matches. Great bullets.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by virg View Post
    I use them for short range VFS bench rest matches. Great bullets.
    Thanks for the info. I've been using the ubiquitous 115 gr bullets for my VFS gun. I guess that's why I bought the 136 gr and then forgot. I'll have to try them out now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    401

    Red face I was going to stay out of this . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been using the ubiquitous 115 gr bullets for my VFS gun. I guess that's why I bought the 136 gr and then forgot. I'll have to try them out now.
    Unless your VfS sports a 1:15", or, faster twist, don't expect much from the BIB 136-10 - those are in excess of 1.150" long! RG

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by R.G. Robinett View Post
    Unless your VfS sports a 1:15", or, faster twist, don't expect much from the BIB 136-10 - those are in excess of 1.150" long! RG
    Yeah, I believe my VFS is a 1:17. Well, I've also got an M1A an AR10 and some other bolt action.308 with 1:10 twist. Still possible or are those too fast.?
    Last edited by adamsgt; 12-06-2017 at 11:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Yeah, I believe my VFS is a 1:17. Well, I've also got an M1A an AR10 and some other bolt action.308 with 1:10 twist. Still possible or are those too fast.?
    Faster than necessary, but should work well. RG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •