Thread: New to F class, new rifle

New to F class, new rifle

I've spent the last 2 years building a highly modified rem 700 in 308 into a long range shooter (please no comments on my chamber selection. I'm breaking in the Shilen barrel and want to know if using my comp round (180g SMK, 43g imr4895) is good for the break in. I plan on swith in to varget after the break in. The bore has been blued. What say you?
    Last edited by Sniperdude; 10-31-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperdude View Post
    I've spent the last 2 years building a highly modified rem 700 in 308 into a long range shooter (please no comments on my chamber selection. I'm breaking in the Shilen barrel and want to know if using my comp round (180g SMK, 43g imr4895) is good for the break in. I plan on swith in to varget after the break in. The bore has been blued. What say you?
    yes

What do you mean your bore has been blued ?
    What twist and length is barrel?

New Kid

I am new to Benchrest and F class. What are the minimum equipment requirements to shoot (and have fun improving) in these type of matches? I currently have accurate factory rifles in .22LR, .223 Remington, and 6.5 Creedmoor calibers. It is unlikely that I will throw a lot of money at equipment unless it "generally" improves accuracy.

See you at the range.

All you really need is a front test and rear bag and 80 rounds of ammo. Maybe a shooting mat. Midway has one good as any on sale right now.
    That was for your 6.5. For Fopen. Shoot FTR with your 223 with a bipod and rear bag. Just show up and they will help. Have fun.