Thread: rcbs powder dispencer

rcbs powder dispencer

got an old rcbs powder dispencer and scale (infra red port PowderMaster/PowderPro ) . every time i want to use it it need to go true the calibration mode so i loose already 5-10 min ore more
    then every charge it trows it take 40 sec ( 34.5gr N130) are the new ones mutch faster (reprogrammed) ore the lite one ? and is the gen 6 lyman any good ?
    Last edited by johan teughels; 09-30-2017 at 10:23 AM.

You have a Model # ? Is it a Charge Master COMBO ?

Joe P
    Phoenix Az.

He has a product or actually two products that are obsolete. They were produced before the Chargemaster Combo.
    To answer the OPs question I am pretty sure that the new product is markedly superior to the old one. Although I do not own a Chargemaster, I have used one that belongs to a friend quite a bit and have found it to be quite satisfactory. When a friend asked my opinion I told him that I thought that he would enjoy using one, so he bought one...and he has. Generally I have found that everyone who has one likes it. With other brands' similar products this has not been the case.

I have 3 Combos. I sent 3 others back because of under throws.The over throws are due to the type of powder(Stick) on the final trickle. The Charge Master Combo will serve you well, but check its accuracy.
    Last edited by classcat; 09-30-2017 at 08:49 PM.

what is the trow time for a 6ppc charge with the combo ? (and reprogrammed?)

fwiw - I use 2 RCBS chargemasters (one is a lite). Even the chargemaster lite isn't quite fast enough for my liking - with 2 I don't have to wait (I load the powder in the case and immediately seat the bullet)

The older chargemaster overthrows can be eliminated using the straw trick (about 1" of a MacDonalds straw in the end of the tube).

I'll end up with about 7 out of 100 charges being over by 0.1 or 0.2 grains.

fit some loading yesterday way to slow .so now i trow a "to light" load with my harrell and the place it on the scale push the button and it triggles till right weight
    i then take it and drop it in the case refill the cup place it back on the scale push the button (yes the : old rcbs has no quto fuction) then i take the case seat a ogive and repeat.
    like thise i do not have to wait works fine like that
    i use my custom build case holder for filling

Last edited by johan teughels; 10-02-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Stay away

Quote Originally Posted by johan teughels View Post
    got an old rcbs powder dispencer and scale (infra red port PowderMaster/PowderPro ) . every time i want to use it it need to go true the calibration mode so i loose already 5-10 min ore more
    then every charge it trows it take 40 sec ( 34.5gr N130) are the new ones mutch faster (reprogrammed) ore the lite one ? and is the gen 6 lyman any good ?
    Stay away from the Lyman product. I have returned 3 so far for three different types failure. It appears they rushed the product onto the market to capture a share of it before they had the design flaws sorted.