Thread: Speedokote Clearcoat Experience ???

Speedokote Clearcoat Experience ???

Does anyone have any experience with the Speedokote clear coat line of products for use on walnut and laminate gunstocks?

If yes which product did you use and what speed activator.

Thank you in advance.

Rick

Thumbs up IT's GOOD

Have used Acrylic Urethane as a clear coat over Acrylic Urethane paint on a stock. Drys fast so you can do multiple coats quickly. It is tough and resists solvents. Use proper respitory Protection when spraying.

Quote Originally Posted by Engrbill View Post
    Have used Acrylic Urethane as a clear coat over Acrylic Urethane paint on a stock. Drys fast so you can do multiple coats quickly. It is tough and resists solvents. Use proper respitory Protection when spraying.
    Engrbill:

Thank you for your reply. Can you give me any advice on the activator speed to use?

Rick
    Last edited by Ricco1949; 08-14-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco1949 View Post
    Engrbill:

Thank you for your reply. Can you give me any advice on the activator speed to use?

Rick
    When I used it there was only one activator and it was pretty fast. I could do three coats with15 minutes in between coats. The stock was mounted upside down on a base withlong allthread risers thru the bolt holes so it could be quickly rotated to cover all areas in one contiuous spray. Good Luck -----Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Engrbill View Post
    When I used it there was only one activator and it was pretty fast. I could do three coats with15 minutes in between coats. The stock was mounted upside down on a base withlong allthread risers thru the bolt holes so it could be quickly rotated to cover all areas in one contiuous spray. Good Luck -----Bill
    Thank you Bill. I'll order some with the medium activator.