Thread: Bar3 Range Match

Bar3 Range Match

Just shot in a match at the Bar3 Range in Laurel,MS with the electronic targets and it was a great time. It was really hot and being in the shade all day and no pit service was most welcome. Great people, close to the interstate and some good shooters. 600 and 1000 yard ranges. I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    Just shot in a match at the Bar3 Range in Laurel,MS with the electronic targets and it was a great time. It was really hot and being in the shade all day and no pit service was most welcome. Great people, close to the interstate and some good shooters. 600 and 1000 yard ranges. I'll be back.
    Can you comment on the electronic targets?

Did they supply you with your own monitor?
    Did the system miss any shots?
    Did you feel that your shots were recorded accurately?
    Did anyone complain about scoring accuracy?
    Did you get any scoring data or group data you could take home with you?
    If not, could you somehow obtain that data, even with something as simple as a cell phone photograph?
    If desired, could you link a wireless tablet or smart phone to the target data system, WiFi or Bluetooth?.

Finally, is the shooting area still just ordinary bare dirt or have they added some kind of covering?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
    Can you comment on the electronic targets?

Did they supply you with your own monitor?
    Did the system miss any shots?
    Did you feel that your shots were recorded accurately?
    Did anyone complain about scoring accuracy?
    Did you get any scoring data or group data you could take home with you?
    If not, could you somehow obtain that data, even with something as simple as a cell phone photograph?
    If desired, could you link a wireless tablet or smart phone to the target data system, WiFi or Bluetooth?.

Finally, is the shooting area still just ordinary bare dirt or have they added some kind of covering?
    Yes on the monitor
    No shots missed.
    I felt my shots were accurate.
    No one complained. On the other end of the line there was a problem withe a crossfire but was resolved in a few minutes
    I didnt ask about the data questions. I will 2 weeks at the 1000 yard match.
    There is a shooters and a scoring monitor. These are SMT targets
    Yes still just dirt. I put a cheap tarp under my mat.
    Last edited by sdean; 07-24-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Wow......... it sounds like they worked just like one would hope. That's great. Thanks for the info.

I had a horrible experience with electronic targets at the range in Talladega Alabama. The match was a complete flop.

Perhaps I'll make the trip up to Laurel in the near future.

CMP Talladega

Quote Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
    Wow......... it sounds like they worked just like one would hope. That's great. Thanks for the info.

I had a horrible experience with electronic targets at the range in Talladega Alabama. The match was a complete flop.

Perhaps I'll make the trip up to Laurel in the near future.
    Mozella
    I had the same bad experience at the CMP F-Class Match. We Waited for almost 2 hours for the results of the match to be electronicly recorded which never happened. The match director finally had to review the targets manually on the office computer to get the results. He only did the winners and no one else had any idea where they finished.
    The whole place did not seem to be run very well. And I have never before seen a shooting range where Hearing Protection is not a requirement. when I ask about it the RO and management told
    me it was NOT a range requirement.
    They have changed Management since it opened and things have not gotten any better.
    But the Electronic Scoring System monitors do work very well and accurate at the shooting positions.

Ben

I thought I had corrected this but the targets at Laurel are Hexta targets.