Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo action...misfires now and then

I think it's fixed! Shot a whole target without a misfire. The bolt is a bit more difficult to operate and I didn't shoot well but there are other factors involved....didn't set flags, bore was dirty, I had been awake for 24+ hours, etc....

Quit and went home after one target...had a wreck on the way. Wasn't a good day at all...with the exception of getting my bolt fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Quit and went home after one target...had a wreck on the way. Wasn't a good day at all...with the exception of getting my bolt fixed.
    Wilbur, you didn't let that little red car get messed up, did you?

Yeah...it's messed up pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Yeah...it's messed up pretty bad!
    Well, I hope the "Old Hat" didn't get messed up also.

I'm OK!

Hate to hear about your Accident!

Wilbur, Were you on I-75? That`s a fast paced place!

No Sir...I was headed north on Highway 58.

BTW - Keith Gantt and myself are trying to figure out where to go shoot rimfire these days. If you would, send me the directions to Chickenfoot if you don't mind.

About 90 Miles South of Chattanooga 1

South on I-75 to Calhoun ,Ga , Take Hwy 53 to Rome ,Ga to US 27 South to Cedartown ,(Four lanes all the way) Take left @ Home Depot on Davis Road 2.5 miles on Left , ChickenFoot Range is Behind Chicken houses /26 Benches ! We have a Evening ARA Tournament this Friday @ 6:00pm and the Georgia State ARA Tournament Sat July 29 @ 9:00 AM , We would love to have yall on the 3rd weekend every month there after ! We generally start them @ 3:00 pm and have another @ 6:00 under the lights ! Anybody with a 22RF is welcome ! We have a Indoor Facility/22 Benches in the works and hope we will be able to host matches in it by late October.
    Last edited by Slick Willy; 07-25-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks much - if Keith wants to go we'll be there. I'd come by myself if I had a rifle that would hit paper....

Called Keith to see if he wanted to go to Cedartown this weekend and it turns out he's in the hospital. He tried to sound "good" but couldn't. I'll drive to Erlanger in Chattanooga and learn what I can.

Went to the hospital and Keith is OK for the moment. We talked about shooting, drag racing and some other stuff until I had to go home. I've got to adjust my headlights either make the dims shine farther or the brights shine shorter. I don't think I can have but one choice....most anything would be better.
    Last edited by Wilbur; 07-27-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Keith is back home now and while he doesn't have much strength he sounds pretty good. Either nobody knows what's wrong with him or he ain't sayin'...which is his prerogative for sure.