Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Anno Job

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    47

    Anno Job

    Not much activity in the rail gun forums lately so I thought I would post this anno. job on a rail I just finished up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4607.JPG 
Views:	1040 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	19723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4616.JPG 
Views:	934 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	19724  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,401
    That Is Beautiful

    Thanks Jay

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    1,931
    Pretty wild looking. Think I'll just stick with my pewter and natural color scheme.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    39
    Hmmmmm, reminds me of my Woodstock days. To busy for my old eyes now. Blue or Burgundy are my favorites.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Posts
    204
    Did you do the work? How did you apply the multi-colors? I've done multiple colors by masking the lighter color and re-dying in the darker color - but that approach would be incredibly laborious for something like this. Do you gel the dye somehow?

    GsT

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    Did you do the work? How did you apply the multi-colors? I've done multiple colors by masking the lighter color and re-dying in the darker color - but that approach would be incredibly laborious for something like this. Do you gel the dye somehow?

    GsT
    Hey Gene, No I don't do my own anodizing, Sometimes I wish I did though, I hate handing over my parts to someone else, You live in Albany OR?, I have CG Industries do some of my stuff but they have a limited selection of colors, For the rest I have it done in Portland for more colors and bright dip colors as well, The splash one is a clear anno. and they do not seal it then splash the dies onto it by hand as an artist would do and then they seal it up, I hope I got that right, Thanks....J

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Young View Post
    Hey Gene, No I don't do my own anodizing, Sometimes I wish I did though, I hate handing over my parts to someone else, You live in Albany OR?, I have CG Industries do some of my stuff but they have a limited selection of colors, For the rest I have it done in Portland for more colors and bright dip colors as well, The splash one is a clear anno. and they do not seal it then splash the dies onto it by hand as an artist would do and then they seal it up, I hope I got that right, Thanks....J
    Thanks Jay. Basic anodizing is pretty simple. Here are the instructions I started with: http://www.uponone.com/howtos/1.pdf - after a few test coupons I've never had anything come out badly. Something like this splash ano though would present some challenges.

    GsT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    Thanks Jay. Basic anodizing is pretty simple. Here are the instructions I started with: http://www.uponone.com/howtos/1.pdf - after a few test coupons I've never had anything come out badly. Something like this splash ano though would present some challenges.

    GsT
    Thanks Gene, I had looked into it years ago but the parts I do require large tanks and with so many colors the room (or lack there of) and the expense of an entire set up it did not seem feasible to/for me, And more importantly I already have plenty of work to do already, Possibly someday a few small tanks for clear/black...J

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Very nice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Coignières - France
    Posts
    109

    Whaou!

    Jay

    Superb very nice indeed congratulations!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    1,639

    Reading the Anodizing link

    and his comment about adding acid to water, reminds me of an old chem lab saying..."do as you otta, add the acid to the watta"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •