Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: IBS Score

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15

    IBS Score

    Why Is it that people need to cheat in IBS score....that sucks and that's the reason I'm not shooting this year...PISS on people that need to cheat to win
    What's a matter with people......dumb asses

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    in a home
    Posts
    42
    nothing new look at last years i.b.s. unlimited group nationals.
    Last edited by gfpd; 05-28-2017 at 03:42 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by James in Ashevi View Post
    Why Is it that people need to cheat in IBS score....that sucks and that's the reason I'm not shooting this year...PISS on people that need to cheat to win
    What's a matter with people......dumb asses
    Regardless what the scores may say, cheaters really never win, James. They know who they are, what they've done, and for what? They're the ones that have to live with what this makes them. There is no room for cheating in our sport and even less room for the cheaters. Somehow, they don't seem to last long in this sport. At least not in my part of the country. It can not be tolerated...and won't be, by those of integrity.
    Last edited by mwezell; 05-28-2017 at 08:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,534
    Exactly how are Shooters "cheating"?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Exactly how are Shooters "cheating"?
    In the "OLD" days when we brought back our own score targets, we had a person who would fire a 6mm and if the hole was close he would push a .30 bullet into the hole to make it bigger. The next match the relays was told that they did not have to retrieve the targets, that we had a target person. Never saw him again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Vineyard, Maine via Milford, Massachusetts
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by James in Ashevi View Post
    Why Is it that people need to cheat in IBS score....that sucks and that's the reason I'm not shooting this year...PISS on people that need to cheat to win
    What's a matter with people......dumb asses
    James. You probably heard by now that somebody intentionally crossfired on Michael Clayton's target last night in KY on the last match at 300, because he was winning.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Pag View Post
    James. You probably heard by now that somebody intentionally crossfired on Michael Clayton's target last night in KY on the last match at 300, because he was winning.
    If that's the case, I'd say he has a pretty good idea who did it. That said, there was a bunch of stuff going on yesterday, to make it a very usual day, to say the least. No one had any idea where bullets were hitting on the last target. Some might say, for the last two targets. We had rain, wind, fog and golf ball sized hail. There were extenuating circumstances but nothing justifies blatantly cheating.....period.

    I'll add, I think I saw the target in question. IIRC, there were 2 nines plus the crossfire on the target. If so, it didn't change who won but certainly did much of the rest of the standings.

    I sincerely hope everyone made it home safe....The road out was horrible after the match and I left before it was completely dark out.
    Last edited by mwezell; 05-28-2017 at 11:16 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gammon View Post
    In the "OLD" days when we brought back our own score targets, we had a person who would fire a 6mm and if the hole was close he would push a .30 bullet into the hole to make it bigger. The next match the relays was told that they did not have to retrieve the targets, that we had a target person. Never saw him again.
    Way back when we had Group Club Matches, we had several shooters who would shoot "zeros, "Teen Aggs", and always be in the hunt.

    But they would never shoot a Registered Group Match.

    Probably had something to do with that pesky Moving Backer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Way back when we had Group Club Matches, we had several shooters who would shoot "zeros, "Teen Aggs", and always be in the hunt.

    But they would never shoot a Registered Group Match.

    Probably had something to do with that pesky Moving Backer.
    At GROUP matches? it was a laugh. This is a "TRUE" story, I was there, years back, two good friends were at a match, before moving backers, one was shooting, and one was a range officer. The range officer had called two minutes and the one shooting shot two into the target and the hole got a little bigger, but not much, waited then shot the next three into the bank underneath. The range officer told him that he had better hurry up and shoot the next 3 shots because he quietly saw what had happened. He was told that the shooter already had put the three into the target! I was there, they were still in a argument when I left, laughing. I could relate stories but will not. Now you know why we have moving backers. Still laughing about that incident.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SW.Pa.
    Posts
    903
    I saw cheating at the national level time and time again...... that is life I guess. You wonder why the numbers are dropping at matches...... Jim

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    in a home
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1K View Post
    I saw cheating at the national level time and time again...... that is life I guess. You wonder why the numbers are dropping at matches...... Jim
    that sums it up

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1K View Post
    I saw cheating at the national level time and time again...... that is life I guess. You wonder why the numbers are dropping at matches...... Jim
    I'm sorry if I sound disagreeable, but I simply can't see that happening.
    National Matches have rules and requirements in place that make "cheating", while not impossible, darn near.

    You have to have stationary backers in place to confirm crossfires. No shooter is allowed to handle a target. Targets are hung for the whole world to see, you can protest your measurements or score, or anyone else's.

    Equipment is checked. Rifles are weighed. Benches are assigned, not chosen. All National Events require rotation. These are not options at National Events, they are requirements.

    I think it is disrespectful of someone to come on a World Wide Website and make accusations without saying exactly who and what the accusations are aimed at. Both major Sanctioning Bodies have procedures that allow shooters to log protests in an official manner.

    Even at the Region Level, Registered Matches adhere to procedures that make actual cheating, especially in scoring, downright impossible. Granted, the occasional miss measurement or miss scoring will occur, but there are procedures in place to correct these happenings.

    I have said that shooting group in a Club Match Format without moving backers is not a good idea. That is why the vast majority of Club Matches shoot Score.

    But we are not discussing a Club Matches. What you are saying is that there is provable missconduct and outright cheating taking place in Registered Competition, even at the National Level.

    Either give some viable proof, with names and occasions, or go through the proper channels as set forth by the Sanctioning Bodies.

    If there is proof that Officials at Registered Matches,or National Events are allowing misconduct in either scoring, equipment, or at the firing line, then these should be addressed through your Region Director and be put forth to the Board of Directors.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 05-29-2017 at 10:46 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15
    [QUOTE=jackie schmidt;796341]
    I think it is disrespectful of someone to come on a World Wide Website and make accusations without saying exactly who and what the accusations are aimed at. Both major Sanctioning Bodies have procedures that allow shooters to log protests in an official manner.


    I'm not being disrespectful but calling a cheat a cheat....simple language is best understood...crossfiring to get a win when there were no backers so you don't get caught is sorry sportsmanship. Ive seen it happen time after time. If there are rules let's follow rules...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SW.Pa.
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I'm sorry if I sound disagreeable, but I simply can't see that happening.
    National Matches have rules and requirements in place that make "cheating", while not impossible, darn near.

    You have to have stationary backers in place to confirm crossfires. No shooter is allowed to handle a target. Targets are hung for the whole world to see, you can protest your measurements or score, or anyone else's.

    Equipment is checked. Rifles are weighed. Benches are assigned, not chosen. All National Events require rotation. These are not options at National Events, they are requirements.

    I think it is disrespectful of someone to come on a World Wide Website and make accusations without saying exactly who and what the accusations are aimed at. Both major Sanctioning Bodies have procedures that allow shooters to log protests in an official manner.

    Even at the Region Level, Registered Matches adhere to procedures that make actual cheating, especially in scoring, downright impossible. Granted, the occasional miss measurement or miss scoring will occur, but there are procedures in place to correct these happenings.

    I have said that shooting group in a Club Match Format without moving backers is not a good idea. That is why the vast majority of Club Matches shoot Score.

    But we are not discussing a Club Matches. What you are saying is that there is provable missconduct and outright cheating taking place in Registered Competition, even at the National Level.

    Either give some viable proof, with names and occasions, or go through the proper channels as set forth by the Sanctioning Bodies.

    If there is proof that Officials at Registered Matches,or National Events are allowing misconduct in either scoring, equipment, or at the firing line, then these should be addressed through your Region Director and be put forth to the Board of Directors.


    Too bad it doesn't work that way, every point you made I saw broken. ..... Jim

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    24

    Cheating

    Mike Ezell you are without a doubt correct about the conditions they were bad real bad for everyone. I feel I need to say something since my name has been mentioned about what happened. First I shot the target and could not see any bullet hits very few could no doubt, I also know how many bullets I sent down range and what targets I shot, I missed what I missed, I pulled the trigger I did not need someone else's help to lose I did it all on my own. I could not call a cross fire on a target that I could not see or I would have. The rules are the rules as they are for everyone. I was made aware of the shot when it was too late, there was nothing I could do about it and I accept that with no ill will.
    We all shot in bad conditions some did well some did not. But please understand this in a sport that we all spend a lot of time and money on I truly cannot and will not ever understand why any one would purposely cheat.
    Mike
    Last edited by mike clayton; 05-29-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •