Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand Priming Tools - 2017

Don't do any of those things for a while and you'll wonder why you ever did....just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Don't do any of those things for a while and you'll wonder why you ever did....just sayin'.
    I'm with you on cleaning inside of case necks Wilbur. I didn't clean inside of necks in 2010 and took Mary on vacation to France in 2011. Then again in 2016 I didn't clean inside of necks and am taking her to New Zealand on vacation this year. If I haven't shot the brass in a while and it is green/grungy looking, I'll run a brush in those once. If some one can explain how a build up of carbon can take place with all the heat coming through that little biddy hole I would be interested.......
    And, just by luck without cleaning inside of necks, I saw a guy shoot 5 screamers at the100yd rail gun match at the NBRSA Nationals last year. I suppose if he would have cleaned the necks he would have done better. He shot pretty well at Ul200 also.

Also, one more thing, the necks of the brass on both of the examples above was only turned 1 (one) time.

All Friggin impossible, I know.

Expert opinions​?

Later
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 03-17-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Hey Dave,
    You need to tell this guy to quit giving out all of his secrets. 😆😆😆😆😆

Joe Hynes

Cool

Joe

I'll do that.

Another good one. I saw this guy at Raton one time pour some Miller Lite in his powder measure at the end of the shooting day on Saturday. Shooting was not going well. The next day he finished at the top of one of the Grands and the points attained helped him make the World Team to shoot in France. WTF......Baggett was a witness I believe.

Later
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 03-18-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HovisKM View Post
    I like that Tom...could see one in my near future. I've had seven wrist surgeries and arthritis the size of peas on most my knuckles so I have a question for you. Other case prep functions.....neck cleaning (inside and out), primer pocket cleaning and chamfering are other areas that are really fatiguing my hands. Any good advice on these tasks???

thanks
    Hovis
    Hovis,
    I use a motor driven case holder that I use to turn necks, I have a Hornady lock-n-load case prep trio to chamfer the inside/outside of the necks or you can use a Wilson deburing tool while the case is in the power holder. I went to Lowes and picked up every small drill motor they had until I found one the was fairly light and well balanced (DeWalt 12v Lithium-ion DCF610S2) I got a K&M primer to put in the drill motor to clean the primer pockets. I could use the drill motor to chuck up a receiver for a case to help clean the outside of the necks after they were shot. Have the chuck but have not used it yet. After the cactus I may have to do that as my thumbs were killing me after the first day so I did not clean them the rest of the match.

Tom

Tom,

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Libby View Post
    Hovis,
    I use a motor driven case holder that I use to turn necks, I have a Hornady lock-n-load case prep trio to chamfer the inside/outside of the necks or you can use a Wilson deburing tool while the case is in the power holder. I went to Lowes and picked up every small drill motor they had until I found one the was fairly light and well balanced (DeWalt 12v Lithium-ion DCF610S2) I got a K&M primer to put in the drill motor to clean the primer pockets. I could use the drill motor to chuck up a receiver for a case to help clean the outside of the necks after they were shot. Have the chuck but have not used it yet. After the cactus I may have to do that as my thumbs were killing me after the first day so I did not clean them the rest of the match.

Tom
    get to a rheumatologist. I have been battling sudden onset arthritis for a year +. finally got on proper meds and I now have 95% use of my hands. Methotrexate makes a HUGE difference.
    David

Try This

For the arthritic guys......Don't remember the name of the primer pocket cleaning tool. Whitetail??After a couple of firings the pockets expand out more if you notice. They clean out more after time as this takes place.

The holder for the chamfer tool is a 20 gauge shotshell with a hole drilled and a stove bolt inserted. Chamfer the outside of the case first and the inside last. Finish with a soft brush inside.

Works for me. Send donations to: Smallwood to North Korea Fund 2017

Later
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power Tool.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	429.5 KB 
ID:	19238  

Dave? Dave?

Where'd you go? Are you playing with your primer tool again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheepGroup.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	19239  

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Where'd you go? Are you playing with your primer tool again?
    Family picture? Ewe told me you were selling them after you found out they couldn't cook....
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 03-22-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Clarification

Not my family. That was a frame capture that came from the real-time video feed off a drone I sent over your house. I'm happy to see that your BR rifle skills are much better than your shotgun skills!

By the way, that 10x20 shed you have 30' to the NW of your house needs a new roof!

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Not my family. That was a frame capture that came from the real-time video feed off a drone I sent over your house. I'm happy to see that your BR rifle skills are much better than your shotgun skills!

By the way, that 10x20 shed you have 30' to the NW of your house needs a new roof!
    Wrong house...My shed is 25X50 and any drone that has visited never left the property...
    Later
    Dave