Thread: actions and barrels

actions and barrels

anyone know anything about H.W Creighton barrels? What about Robert W. Hart & son action? Google hasn't really helped with information about these parts specifically.

Tony B has had a Hart action that he had accumulated MOST of this HOF points with he had to have the bolt replaced once if my memory is correct

Jim

The actions are good, but I don't know if Creighton made any barrels. Maybe he smithed the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    The actions are good, but I don't know if Creighton made any barrels. Maybe he smithed the barrel.
    Pretty sure Harry Creighton didn't make barrels. He built a lot of rifles. Make of the barrel is anybody's guess. If you are looking for a value, I'd suggest the Hart action is worth about the same as a Remington 700. If you want to add a little for nostalgia value, you could do that. Just curious, what is the barrel chambered for?

Rick
    Last edited by Greyfox; 08-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Pretty sure Harry Creighton didn't make barrels. He built a lot of rifles. Make of the barrel is anybody's guess. If you are looking for a value, I'd suggest the Hart action is worth about the same as a Remington 700. If you want to add a little for nostalgia value, you could do that. Just curious, what is the barrel chambered for?

Rick
    The barrel is chambered for 6mm-284.

Harry did not make barrels. If the rifle has his name on it and "Hart" marked on the barrel, he was just telling you the maker of the barrel. Another give away is if the barrel has numbers marked on the bottom. If its got groove and bore dimensions its likely (almost certainly) a Hart. Take the rifle apart and you may see a maker's name and any other markings on the bottom of the barrel. The Hart action was very well regarded in its day. It sounds like you may have a really good long range varmint blaster.