Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: your action pick TODAY

Mine was like Jackie's. It was a Diamondback drop port. Didn't slow anything down.

Make darn sure you never blow a case with those sako/m16 extractors on a left port. That is why Stiller used a remington extractor instead so there would be some steel cover before the port opening. You don't want a face full of high pressure gas or worse yet shrapnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry H View Post
    Make darn sure you never blow a case with those sako/m16 extractors on a left port. That is why Stiller used a remington extractor instead so there would be some steel cover before the port opening. You don't want a face full of high pressure gas or worse yet shrapnel.

The way most of us shoot a rail, it would be more like a chest full of extractor.

I converted my LV Farley into a drop port, and yes, the Sako Extractor is uncovered. But it's a choice I made for myself. I like drop ports that much.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 05-06-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Bat Drop Port

My preference would be a Bat B 1.55" RB LP No ejector on the bolt with the Sako extractor in the 6 o`clock position. Bat will build it, all you have to do is cut the drop port yourself.
    These are really slick, and do work. oh, and get it Melonited while you are at it.
    my $.02

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by varminthunter1 View Post
    My preference would be a Bat B 1.55" RB LP No ejector on the bolt with the Sako extractor in the 6 o`clock position. Bat will build it, all you have to do is cut the drop port yourself.
    These are really slick, and do work. oh, and get it Melonited while you are at it.
    my $.02

Jeff
    I'm guessing you cut the port then send it off to MIMI yourself? The one time I tried to recrown a melonited bbl war'nt perty....

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    I'm guessing you cut the port then send it off to MIMI yourself? The one time I tried to recrown a melonited bbl war'nt perty....
    To recrown a Melonited barrel takes a little extra. You can clamp a Dremel on your toolpost and cut a .005 groove around the barrel and then part it off. Crown as usual then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dowd View Post
    RBLPRE Bat B 2" diameter for extra weight is what's on mine. Works for me. Dave
    This is the gun Dave used to set a couple of world records recently. I'd say it works pretty good for him. I have a sister to his rail with the smaller BAT model B with right eject. It has shot several ten shot ones in competition. Also doesn't ding brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Stevens View Post
    I think a drop port on a rail gun would be one of those forehead slapping times the first time you shot it. One of those "arghhh why didnt i plan on where my brass is gonna go!!"

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1468606631
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	18043  

Similar to what I did with my Diamondback drop port. Hensler attached a box to the bottom of his drop port.

I see that Jim Borden has just came out with a drop port. Very cool!! Lee

Quote Originally Posted by skeetlee View Post
    I see that Jim Borden has just came out with a drop port. Very cool!! Lee
    Do you have a link on that? I would be very interested in looking into one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Do you have a link on that? I would be very interested in looking into one of these.
    https://bordenrifles.com/2016/07/16/...-bottom-eject/

Thanks Tim.