Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: your action pick TODAY

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    6,280
    Mine was like Jackie's. It was a Diamondback drop port. Didn't slow anything down.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    323
    Make darn sure you never blow a case with those sako/m16 extractors on a left port. That is why Stiller used a remington extractor instead so there would be some steel cover before the port opening. You don't want a face full of high pressure gas or worse yet shrapnel.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry H View Post
    Make darn sure you never blow a case with those sako/m16 extractors on a left port. That is why Stiller used a remington extractor instead so there would be some steel cover before the port opening. You don't want a face full of high pressure gas or worse yet shrapnel.

    The way most of us shoot a rail, it would be more like a chest full of extractor.

    I converted my LV Farley into a drop port, and yes, the Sako Extractor is uncovered. But it's a choice I made for myself. I like drop ports that much.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 05-06-2016 at 07:48 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Wa
    Posts
    172

    Bat Drop Port

    My preference would be a Bat B 1.55" RB LP No ejector on the bolt with the Sako extractor in the 6 o`clock position. Bat will build it, all you have to do is cut the drop port yourself.
    These are really slick, and do work. oh, and get it Melonited while you are at it.
    my $.02

    Jeff

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,105
    Quote Originally Posted by varminthunter1 View Post
    My preference would be a Bat B 1.55" RB LP No ejector on the bolt with the Sako extractor in the 6 o`clock position. Bat will build it, all you have to do is cut the drop port yourself.
    These are really slick, and do work. oh, and get it Melonited while you are at it.
    my $.02

    Jeff
    I'm guessing you cut the port then send it off to MIMI yourself? The one time I tried to recrown a melonited bbl war'nt perty....

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    I'm guessing you cut the port then send it off to MIMI yourself? The one time I tried to recrown a melonited bbl war'nt perty....
    To recrown a Melonited barrel takes a little extra. You can clamp a Dremel on your toolpost and cut a .005 groove around the barrel and then part it off. Crown as usual then.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dowd View Post
    RBLPRE Bat B 2" diameter for extra weight is what's on mine. Works for me. Dave
    This is the gun Dave used to set a couple of world records recently. I'd say it works pretty good for him. I have a sister to his rail with the smaller BAT model B with right eject. It has shot several ten shot ones in competition. Also doesn't ding brass.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Stevens View Post
    I think a drop port on a rail gun would be one of those forehead slapping times the first time you shot it. One of those "arghhh why didnt i plan on where my brass is gonna go!!"

    http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1468606631
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	18043  

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    6,280
    Similar to what I did with my Diamondback drop port. Hensler attached a box to the bottom of his drop port.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mattoon
    Posts
    3,138
    I see that Jim Borden has just came out with a drop port. Very cool!! Lee

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetlee View Post
    I see that Jim Borden has just came out with a drop port. Very cool!! Lee
    Do you have a link on that? I would be very interested in looking into one of these.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Waynesville. NC
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Do you have a link on that? I would be very interested in looking into one of these.
    https://bordenrifles.com/2016/07/16/...-bottom-eject/

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,337
    Thanks Tim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •