Thread: Any Benchrest Competitive Shooters on Long Island? (Maybe Northern New Jersey

Any Benchrest Competitive Shooters on Long Island? (Maybe Northern New Jersey

Wondering if there are any seasoned Benchrest shooters on Long Island? Maybe Northern New Jersey?

I have three new custom rifles, Lapua factory ammo, all the high tech cleaning supplies that I have been told to get, series front rest, bags, spotting scope, cleaning cradle, bore guides, Dewey rods and misc. stuff I have been told or read that I should buy, but I have no experience other than shooting regular hunting rifles over the years. My home club is Maidstone Gun Club in East Hampton, New York and I am close to Calverton, that some just refer to as The Sand Pit. Would love to meet up with someone knowledgeable to shoot with an learn more.

I work most weekends, so weekdays are the best for me, but I can be flexible and get to the range on a weekend if need be. I am going to attend one of Bob White's shooting clinics, but that is not until early spring and the Wilmington, 1,000 yard school is not until June.

I can be E-mailed at rkittine at sign aol dot com

Thanks for reading, Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 11-15-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Addition

NJ Winter League

You may want to contact Paul Krokovic.

He runs a winter league at the Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club in Jackson NJ.

(732) 685-4285

Good Luck

Thanks, I will do that, though I was hoping to find someone closer. Bob